cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controller Alerts Not Working with Firefighter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to configure the controllers in firefighter and cannot seem to get the email alerts to work.

Here are my current config settings:

• The controller has an appropriate email address set up in the user master records

• Usage flag information is set to email in the controller table

Under config tab:

Send log report execution notification immediately: Yes

Send log report execution notification: no

Send firefighter login Notification immediately: Yes

Send firefighter login notification: No

Basically, I have this set to send the notifications immediately and not dependent on batch job runs.

I also have 2 batch jobs set up to run hourly.

/virsa/zvfat_log_report and /virsa/zvfatbak

I have tested logging in with the firefighter ID and executing transactions. The logs are working and batch jobs are running correctly. However, the controller is receiving no emails.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Message was edited by:

James Chappo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

some things that you might want to check

1) that the job /virsa/zvfat_log_report runs after /virsa/zvfatbak

2) check SAP job SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR- this is a SAP standard job that collates the data, the FF jobs then read the results of this and report on it. This should run before the other 2 FF jobs.

3) Check with your basis team that email has been setup correctly on the server or go to transaction SOST in SAP which will show you if there are emails waiting to be sent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

I took your advice and set the batch jobs up in a sequence. They are all set to run every hour in the order specified above.

I am able to get the login notification emails, but I have to manually release the email as it get held up in the queue with a hold status.

Still no luck on delivering the Firefighter log reports via email.