cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Material Specification and Inspection Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello;

Kindly explain the difference between Material Specification and Inspection Plan,and under what conditions one is preferred over the other.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Experts.

please give me the Difference between Material Specification and Inspection Plan.

and when to Use these two

i am little bit confused where and when to use these two.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Praveen!!

Though I have not played with SAP screens in QM, but based on the domain expertise in QM I can suggest you the difference. If you knw how to play around in QM screens you can differentiate it very well.

Material Specification

The standard parameters which defines any material. For example, An electric socket as a material. The specification of this material should be plastic type, size, rating of electricity etc.

Inspection Plan

The plan to check above said characterstics of this material is inspection plan. For example

Inspection Parameter Value Inspector Frequency Reaction Plan

PLASTIC (PVC) 6B type ABC Weekly Notify to supplier

Electricity 220V PQR Daily Notify to supplier

Like that other parameters you need to define.

If it helps ..please reward

cheers !!!

kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Basically, specification is valid for all plants whereas inspection plans can be different for each plant. Inspection plan has advanced task list functions such as operations, operation times, inspection points and so on.

You can choose to use either material specifications or task lists, or both at the same time. Depending on the settings in the material master for a given inspection type, either the specifications or task list (or both) will be treated as the base for the inspection lot.

In a nutshell, material specifcation is at client level and inspecion plan is at plant level.

regards

Srinivas