cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with displaying .Net web form within iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a .net web form that has two fields that are updated with last stock price and change within the page load event. I created a new page with a wide and narrow columns. I placed the search iView in the wide column and the stock quote iView in the narrow. When page is displayed in place of the toolbar, the stock quote looks as though it's wrapping to a second line. I can not figure out why it's doing this or how fix it. Even tried designing a new page layout and it didn't help. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you,

Kathy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I built the iView from the Par file that was deployed to the portal from Visual Studio. Using the PDK for .net. So Visual Studio has the SAP plugin.

If you look at the search iView on the Tool Bar Page it's on a single line and there is open space to the right. I created a new page with two columns, added the search iView on the left column and then added the Stock Quote iView to the right column. The Stock Quote iView is very simple and displays the following "Stock Quote: $<Last-Sale-Price> (+/- <Change>)" on a single line. But when I preview the page, it displays the search iView, and then the Stock Quote, but it looks as though it adds another line of empty space under the Search iView and the Stock Quote iView. I tried using html table tags around the Stock quote and DIV tags and it doesn't work. I looked around on Visual Studio to see if there were any properties where I could define the width, but couldn't find anything.

Kathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please post the result of this page preview here (an image) and also the rendered html text ("view source")so I can understand better what's going on there?

Thanks,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathy,

Is the problem you're trying to describe the one of whitespace beneath the iView (which is displaying as part of the iView)? We've encountered this before in our development with another Portal product. If this is your problem, read on. If not, I apologise...

The problem is in the way IE renders form elements with tables, it's just exacerbated by components that get combined into a parent page framework. If you have a FORM tag wrapping around a table, and a number of forms on a page (such as when a bunch of embedded iViews are pulled into one page), IE adds whitespace at the end of the form.

The easiest way we've found to get around the problem is to put the FORM tag <i>inside</i> the TABLE tag as follows:

<table>
  <form runat="server"... etc>
    <tr>
      rest of table
    </tr>
  </form>
</table>

It looks weird and can mess up the Intellisense, but it works. You'll also want to be careful about switching between Design and HTML view in the VS designer because the auto-formatting in VS will attempt to "correct" the HTML and may put it back to having the FORM tag outside the TABLE... I think I've even seen it put just the <i>top</i> FORM tag outside the TABLE but leave the closing FORM tag inside the closing TABLE tag...

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Mal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathy,

I'm not sure I understand - You do want to see a scroll-bar and not to have wrapping? If so, I think you can just add to the style property of your label control (or whatever is displaying the quote) "white-space:no-wrap" or "OVERFLOW: auto". Or just "wrap" your text with some html tag (div for example) and add the style to that

a peace of info I'm using - are you using embedded iViews developed with the PDK for .NET or are these "url iViews" pointing to an IIS server?

Regards,

Ofer