cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do a infocube selective deletion in a process chain ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I encounter a little diffculty : I have a process chain that allow me to load daily R/3 datas into a BW/APO infocube, that works perfectly. The problem is that the volume of datas naturally keeps on growing, so I'd want to create a new step in the process chain, that would allow to make selective deletion in the cube.

For example, after every data loading in the infocube, datas of the cube that are dating of more than x days should be removed. I just can't find a process that allows me to do that, but only"complete deletion of data target contents", or "delete overlapping requests from infocube".

I'm quite sure there's an easy way to do that but.... Anyone go an idea please ?

Many thanks !

Fabrice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabrice,

To my knowledge, there is no standard process type in process chian that can do this. You can include a program that can delete the old records. I am sure it is a simple login in it. You can do selective deletion in infocube manually but I wish we have a variant that can be created at this screen and refer in a process type. But at this time, I see only the program as solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Visu,

That's what I think too... but I can't find the program to delete in background...how can I find it ?

Fabrice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By process type program, I meant that you can use process type program and insert your custom program in that. I am not aware of any standard programs that can do this...May be somebody in BI forums can answer this question much better.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a part of the answer, with RSDRD_DELETE_FACTS I should be able to generate a selective deletion program for the concerned data target, and then include it in the PC.

Know I have to test that....

Thanks for your help !

Fabrice