cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are both synchronous and asynchronous interfaces possible for JDBC Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Are both synchronous and asynchronous interfaces possible for JDBC Adapter for a database query?

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samuel,

If it's the sender Interace[Sender Comm.Channel] then Synchronous is not possible, only Asynchronous.

If it's the receiver Interface[Receiver comm.channel] then both Asynchronous and Synchronous is possible.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply...

But do you know why is that so???

In the sender adapter once you convert the database content and sent to the integration server, you can also update the database wiht the query you specify in the sender adapter settings in “Update Query” field. is that is not a synchronous??? i am bit confused.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samuel,

Synchronous-- After receiving the data into Integration server and if you sent back the response to the calling system, it's is Synchronous.

But the Select/Update command executed in Adapter Engine level. Sender JDBC Adapter selects the data and update the data as you mentioned in the comm.channel. You are not sending any response back to the Calling system!!

Please correct me if I'm wrong!!

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

update query is not same as a sync scenario.

lets take an example of sync scenario JDBC-XI-RFC.you send some request to the RFC and then update the tables with the response message,you wont get this response until the request goes to RFC and the RFC sends this response(the update query is executed much before this in sender JDBC adapter).

to make JDBC sender,you need to use BPM.

the main reason is that u can't use the same JDBC adapter to pull as well as push data from database.

you need to configure one sender JDBC adapter(to send request),one receiver RFC adapter(to receive request and give back response) and one more receiver JDBC adapter(to get response and send to database).

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Raj/Aamir

I am still missing someting to understnad it.

why cant sender jdbc adapter be synchronous???

can you please explain???

Former Member
0 Kudos

not clear

Message was edited by:

Shaji Nair

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok,now you would have definitely seen the structure of RFC,it has importing parameters,exporting parameters and some other parameters too.which means that internally both the request and response message are tied together.

now look at the Data type of sender JDBC,it has only request parameters,for response parameters you need to another data type,now u can't tie these two parameters by making sync message interface coz there is no underlying logic to bind request and response as in the case of RFC.

same thing holds for File,IDOC etc

hope its clear now

Thanx

Aamir