cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalogue parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to leave the USERNAME in the Catalog Application Call Structure empty while defining or give a variable entry?

The effect I want to have is that once a user is linking to the defined punch out catalogue that it really logs on to the vendors catalogue with this username and, more important, with the settings/profile belonging to this specific user.

At this moment we fill out a USERNAME which links to the vendors catalogue and all the users using it will have the same catalogue, but we want to differentiate between users what they are allowed to purchase in the vendors catalogue.

Working with views is not having the wanted outcome.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

BBP_CAT_CALL_ENRICH badi is usefull to transfer additional parameter such as yours.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

thanks a lot for your solution.

Actually I can remember a colleague of mine using the cat_enrich table for the Intellecat catalogue application.

So your answer rang a bell and it seems very valid.

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Short question: is it necessary to use the cat_enrich badi in this case?

in SPRO when you define catalogs in Catalog Application Call Structure you can define a USERNAME with no value as a type SAP field, a default value for the PASSWORD as a Fixed value and in USERID the value sy-uname as a SAP field, right?

Can you explain why i still need the cat_enrich badi then? Or are the settings I mention not enough?

Thanks!

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

In this case if you pass a password valuation you would also need to pass the username, the only option is to either pass neither or both

Regards,

Jason

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

How many user IDs are in vendor catalog? You can create catalog ID for each vendor catalog user ID in SRM and assign CAT attributes in Org. structure.

If all user have user ID in vendor catalog you can use SY-UNAME system variable.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

since there are a lot of users we have chosen not to go for your solution, however it is very effective.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Incase the BBP_CAT_CALL_ENRICH Does not help then go for BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER

Or

BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI which will definitely help.

(P.S. Read relevant SAP documentation of these BADIs using SE18 Transaction and for sample coding using SE19 transaction).

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER will not help here if I understand the issue correctly as it is called upon catalog return, not catalog call! during SC creation if ok-code ADDI is passed, the system identifies that a call to catalog is occuring, at this point, it performs ~ PERFORM get_ws_customizing_header USING iv_webservice_id. Providing a valid webservice_id is passed the application returns the customizing settings available to it, these are gathered using function 'WSI_CUSTOMIZING_READ', inside this there is an additional call to the Badi cat_call_enrich which as already mentioned would be the best option to change or enhance the data provided to the catalog during logon.

It should also be mentioned that if the username is simply left blank in the call structure it is likely that the simple response will be a logon screen for the user to the external catalog application, is this what is essentially required?

Hope this help??!

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

thanks for your extra input explaining how the BADI is processed.

The cat_enrich does the job.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

the cat_enrich does the trick!

Thanks!