Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use BADI DOCUMENT_OBJ to trigger delta in BI

cedric_buenerd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I'm glad I can finally post a thread in this forum since all my previous questions for months already had an answer in sdn!

I'm currently working in BI in developing a custom solution to report on DMS area (Document Management Service) since no business content exists for it.

I'm facing a delta issue on it.

I've already implemented method after_save in BADI DOCUMENT_MAIN01 to write to BW delta queue (I've adapted for this purpose the how-to 'how to create generic datasource which use the delta queue' using BADI instead of BTE). This is working fine, I've got my delta each time the document is save in CV01N or CV02N.

But in DMS application, object links are in use and you therefore have the option for example to link a document to a functional location. You can do so either from the document tcode(CV01N, CV02N) or from the functional location tcode (IL02).

In this latest scenario, my delta is not triggered, which i do understand.

I search for other means to trigger delta with this scenario and additional implementation of BADI DOCUMENT_OBJ sounds like being the best solution.

The problem is that it seems that the system never pass through this BADI even if all that I've read until now make me think it should.

I tried to set up breakpoints in every method but I've never get in debug mode... I precise that when I try to do so with the other BADI, I have no problem to debug (I've read some people had trouble with this).

Does anybody know this BADI? Is there additional steps I've missed in order to use it? Have you got any documentation on this specific one?

I just want to add that I've used Classic BADI since I'm not that familiar with BADIs. But I don't know differences between both and if this could have any influence regarding my issue?

Thanks in advance for your inputs,

Kind regards,

Cédric.

PS: ECC6.0, BI7.0

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cedric_buenerd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

anybody has implemented this BADI and could give me advice?

Thanks,

Cédric.