cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving table CDCLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have been requested to provide soution to archive CDCLS table entries with periodic process as this table encoured 'problem' while migrating to UNICODE (it was test scenario but we noted that export took very long time because of lots of entries)

As I am not expert on SAP archiving, this survey is based on ADK (as data won't be archived on external support) for which I already found lots of documentations in SDN or SAP community websites.

Thus, what I do require is a point of view and/or insight from 'archiving gurus' (used to perform such a task) to reach my goal.

I understood that I have to create archiving object (within AOBJ) but I do not know (even I suppose) that prerequisites exist maybe?

Ending, entries which are required when creating new archiving object are not very easy to determine...

Thanks to anyone who would be able to help me.

Rgds,

Zulain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CDLCLS (cluster) contains change documents which is basically log of changes to master records and documents.

The archiving object CHANGDOCU should only be used to archive the change documents of master data. Refer SAP Note 140255. Change documents of transaction data records should still be archived along with the appropriate archiving object.

To find the appropriate application object you will need to do table analysis using TA: TAANA. The SAP Note 689036 give you more details on change document table analysis.

Further you can delete change documents using report RSCDOK99. Check SAP note 180927 and 183558.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Samanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zulain,

Archive object CHANGEDOCU, archives data mainly from cdcls and cdhdr.

hope this helps.

Thanks,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check DB15 to check the Archiving objects for an table , and also tables for an archiving object.

There are many objects for CDCLS , so you need to decide on the business requirents / also through network graphic for the sequence

Hope this helps

Ravinder