cancel
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:

XI3.0 SP13 doesn't like BuiltInType tag in OAGIS 9.0 QualifiedDataTypes.xsd

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on XI 3.0 SP13.

I am not able to activate the OAGIS 9.0 QualifiedDataTypes.xsd after I imported it into integration builder. Integration builder is poping up Internal Problem -java.lang.NullPointerException.

The processing log reads:

Activation of the change list canceled Check result for External Definition QualifiedDataTypes | http://xyz.com/xi/OAG/90/: Document check found errors Cause: Unable to recognize the loaded document as valid XSD Error when parsing XSD document com.sap.aii.utilxi.xsd.api.XsdException: Document is not valid xsd since it contains the <BuiltInType> tag

The steps to recreated this problems:

1. download OAGIS 9.0 schemas from http://www.openapplications.org/. It is in a zip file. Unzip it somewhere in your PC.

2. Find <your folder>\9.0\Resources\Components\CoreComponents\QualifiedDataTypes.xsd.

3. Import this QualifiedDataTypes.xsd into Integration Builder as an External Defininition.

4. Try to activate it. You will get the error.

Tips appreciated. I have downloaded the exception log and can post it here if needed.

Eddy

eguo@rim.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found answer from Yahoo Group oagis-users. I should reward myself some points. lol.

Here's the link. You may need to join the group first in order to see more.

Here's part of the message:

RE: [oagis-users] Re: OAG 8.0 is not valid as far as XmlSpy 2006 is c oncerned.

This message is for OAGIS 9.

I did some investigation and the problem Spy 2006 has turns out to be an issue

with the original (UNCEFACT) QualifiedDataTypes.xsd and UnQualifiedDataTypes.xsd

Schemas which, according to the OAG namespace declarations are based on Version

1.1 and therefore I assume based on "XML Naming and Design Rules Draft 1.1, 14

January 2005".

First off the problem is only in the annotations/documentation and not with the

content model. The NDR uses ccts:BuiltInType within the body of the document,

but the Appendices (Schema Modules) use xsd:BuiltInType and xsd:BuiltinType. I

changed these to be ccst:BuiltInType in the OAG Schemas and Spy 2006 is happy. I

downloaded an eval version to check this out.

Attached are the updated Schemas, unofficial of course. Note that I copied the

Architecture Team.

Regards,

Kurt Kanaskie

IT Application Architecture