cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Order Reason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How do i default an Order reason in a sales order.

I have made the field mandatory but for about 80% of the cases, client uses the same order reason. I want to deafult this Order reason in every sales order.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

try with this

use tcode SHDO by making a scrren variant u can make the order reason default

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

discuss with abaper regarding any such changes can be done for the sales document;default values can be maintained

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arijeet,

Order reasons can be made mandatory in sales order but cannot be made default for standard sales order.

But you can use user exit MV45AFZZ and use function module MOVE FIELD TO VBAK.

Default VBAK-AUGRU field to order code for the selected values you want.

Reward if useful.

Regards,

Priyanka

Message was edited by:

Priyanka Dixit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I think the sol'n is just right.

<u>But another related question:</u>

The field 'Order reason' is a VBAK header field in SO but when it goes to Invoice, it becomes a VBRP Item field. In Invoice, system does not allow us to change the Order reason whereas i want the flexibility to be able to change the Order reason in the Invoice, if needed.

I tried out something and found that even after invoicing, we can change the Order reason in the Sales order but that does not update the Order reason in Invoice anymore.

Any suggestions on this one.

Thanks

Arijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arijeet,

You cannot change order reason in invoice as it flows from sales order through copy control settings.

Even though we can change order reason in sales order after it got invoiced but still that will not update the already created invoice. If you want to update invoice with new order reason then you need to delete exsiting invoice and recreate it.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Priyanka