cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to install Solman and ERP on the single Host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to install Solution Manager 4.0 and ERP ECC 6.0 on a single Server.

So is it possible to choose the System-ID e.g. "XA0" for Solman4.0 and "XA1" for ERP ECC 6.0.

Firstly, do I need to demand two Installationnumber, one for SOLMAN and the other for ERP.

Secondly, how should I deal with the Systemnumber should I choose 00 for java and 01 for ABAP and which number should I choose for ERP.

Finally, how is it possible to access to the two system with only one server, naturally using the SAP Logon. Do the Systemnumber has a real impact on that.

Please, send me a respond as clearly as possible. I will be thankful for that.

Ps. I installed the two systems before, but unfortunately I used the instancenumber 00 for ERP. The impact on that, that I wasn't able to access Solman anyway. I used the same System-ID for Solman and ERP, does it really matter?

Regards,

Kais

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kias

1. Yes

2. Depending on if you are highly available you may need more system numbers - for example there are SCS and ASCS components. I would recommend installing 10 apart (system 00 and system 10). It makes little different which number is which.

3. Yes, system number relates to something called ports. ports are used to listen for incoming traffic of that type. (I listen on port 3200 for the ECC system GUI traffic, I listen on 3310 for the solman RFC traffic).

If you are in the same local network as the segment you will be able to access all ports on a server, but if through a firewall or various other part of the network you are likely to need to request a few ports to be opened.

You cannot have different systems on the same number due to on one executable (not just SAP) can use a port at a time.and also such local thing like shared memory would not make this feasable.

As you installed two systems on the same system number you can start either one successfully, as long as the other is stopped at the time.

I hope this help

regards

Graham Newport

Answers (0)