cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in DOC_SAVE and DOC_CHANGE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all...

can BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI will be called before the document is saved in the database via COMMIT???

or

can BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI will be called if we require any changes????

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI will be called in all the three modes.i.e. CREATE,CHANGE and DISPLAY(so several times and also before saving the document) while BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI is called only on the action SAVE(after saving the doc).

BR,

Disha.

<b>Pls reward points for useful answers.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

I have a requirement to update the tolerances in the PO, could you please let me know how effectively

we can use the SAVE Badi to acheive the mentioned requirement. If possible with a psuedo code.

BR,

Surya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

khan_voyalpadusman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI --->

Carry out Activity During Saving

You can use the Business Add-In BBP_DOC_SAVE to update own data and tables in the same Logical Unit of Work when saving a document to the database. This facility is especially intended for update of customer-specific statistics.

In the method BBP_DOC_SAVE, the document GUID is available as parameter IV_DOC_GUID. You use this to access the document data. The FLT_VAL parameter is a filter value that you use to assign implementation of a certain document type.

-

BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI -

>

Short Text

Changes to Purchasing Document Data

Use

You can use the Business Add-Ins BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI to make changes to the document, after user entry and before saving the document to the database. These changes are subject to the document-specific checks.

The parameter FLT_VAL acts as a filter value that assigns the BAdI implementation to a particular document type. You can use the BAdI to change the following documents:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is the sequence

First BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI is called

then BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI

and finally

BBP_DOC_SAVE_BADI.. (in last)

BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI will be called several times, if we made any changes. (Yes, BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI will be called before the document is saved in the database via COMMIT).

Hope this will answer your query.

Regards

- Atul