cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Windows Mobile 2003 SE supports native text?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deployed a MI application on imate JAM which has Windows Mobile 2003 OS. My application displays the front end labels in hindi. Its working fine on desktop but the i-mate PDA is not supporting the hindi font(unicode). Instead of printing hindi text its showing blocks.Kindly suggest the solution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does your PDA display HINDI in general? So if you open a Webpage in the browser form the internet that is displayed in HINDI - does that work. If not you need to install Hindi character suport on the PDA - browser Microsoft for a solution in that case - I would suppose.

If this displays HINDI - then the PDA itself is able to do so.

In this case I would think your META tag for the charset is wrong. Please use the following META tag in the header:

META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"

Hope this helps to solve the issue.

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver

Thanks for your reply.

My PDA i.e. i-mate JAM doesn't show hindi when I open sites with hindi text(It displays blocks). But with this I cant say that my PDA doesn't support hindi font at all,as I installed a hindi font(shusha) and I can write in hindi in word pad using this hindi font.

You further suggested me META tag. I have already tried this.Still I am not able to display hindi text on my PDA.

Readers: Help me out

Ashima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, because your IE does not display normal pages in Hindi - that is your problem. Have a look into MS website to get Hindi support for IE. Yes, Hindi font is not a problem to install - but IE does not use this as a normal font. What you expect is: I need to display a character - this character is not part of that fint - so use another font and hey - there is one external font - so IE uses it. And this is not happening at all.

What you culd do, change the meta tag, so it uses the external installed font - but anyway - you need to install the support on all devices that want to use Hindi font in IE.

Hope it helps to give you an idea how to solve the issue. It is a problem of your IE, not of your MI installation.

Regards,

Oliver