cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pricing for two different components in a single assembly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Issue is regarding if we maintain two different components in a single assembly.

Say A nut & Screw assembly, Nut value is fixed & screw value differs as the length of screw differs each time.

Issue is how to maintain the pricing OR price.

i/ps will be of great helpful & rewarded too.

With Regards,

Vijayashree

Message was edited by:

Vijayashree nair

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all pricing is not related to ASSEMBLY directly anywhere. Its more related to order processing. Assembly is something concerned with PP and MM.

Secondly, for your problem. Maintain a base price condition type mandatory with condition record for the NUT.(If needed put in display mode).

For scre :- Take the calculation type as the length and condition class as price. Maintain condition records as per the length of the screw.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Sam,

As per you i/p, condition type for that assembly is only one, then how to seggregate for both the Nut & Screw Value in that assembly.

i/p will be of great help.

With Regards,

Vijayashree

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

issue is closed

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayashree

Normally you will maintain price ONLY for the final product which you are going to sell. So in that case, the question of maintaining price for components does not arise.

However following options are available in SAP

If you want the system to carry out pricing, inventory control, and delivery processing at main item level, enter <b>ERLA</b> in the <b><i>Item category group field of the Sales: sales org. 2</i></b> screen in the material master record of the finished product. This means that the components only function as text items and are not relevant for delivery. The following graphic shows how a bill of material is processed at main item level.

If you want the system to carry out pricing, inventory control, and delivery processing at the component level, enter <b>LUMF</b> in the <b><i>Item category group field of the Sales: sales org. 2 screen</i></b> in the material master record of the finished product. In this case, only the components are relevant for delivery. During processing the system automatically creates a delivery group. The latest delivery date among all the components becomes the delivery date for the entire delivery group.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Laxmipathi,

As per your mail, its like individual line item pricing.

But it should be for the whole assembly.

Say u have a Assembly For eg., BAS001 with the components as Screw & Nut.

If i have maintained this as Variant Config, once BAS001 is entered in sales order it will ask for the selection, then i enter the required length of Screw & the Nut used. These two components will not explode at order level. only it will have line item as BSA001.

Now my concern is pricing. For this BSA001 material, Price should be Screw + Nut, as the screw length varies for each transaction.suppose if i maintain a Condition record for this price it should calculate the price of both n pick from the Condition record. where i will put this formula so that for the required length of Screw + Nut that value has to pick.

let me know the feedback regarding this.

With Regards,

Vijayashree