cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FISCAL YEAR VARIANT CONFIGURATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I here by would like to put across one case study on Fiscal Year Variant Please help me to resolve the same.

A Company wants to have in 2007 following Configuration for fiscal year (OB29)

Fiscal Year 2007

Posting Periods 1) 14th Jan to 13 Feb 2007 2) 14 Feb to 13 March 2007 3) 13th March to 31st March 2007

From 1st April, 2007 onwards my normal fiscal year will start.

Special posting period required: 2

Please let me know with SAP screen shots how to configure the same in a any company.

Thanking all you in advance,

Vinod R Khelani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200240
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is a case of shortened FY.

A shortened fiscal year is a fiscal year having less than twelve months, but for which year-end closing must be carried out. The definition of a shortened fiscal year is always year-dependent, since it represents a year-related exception. You must always define an entire calendar year when defining a fiscal year variant. The year-related fiscal year variant therefore contains not only the periods from the shortened fiscal year, but also other periods from the previous or subsequent fiscal year. In your case, you need to define for subsequent Fiscal year.

In Standard settings, two shortened fiscal year variants are provided with the standard system: variant R1 for a Financial Accounting shortened year, and variant AM for shortened years when Asset Accounting is in use. You can refer them how they are set up

Hope this is useful

S Jayaram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds to me like you will need a shortned fiscal year for the first part, and the second part you need to make sure the other fiscal year variant is year dependant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya right mark,

Please help me out with configuration part and how to do the same.

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear vinod,

You need to provide your email id for the screenshots

Regards

Pratiksha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pratiksha,

Thx for your help

here is my email id ie. vinodkhelani@gmail.com