cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant material

Former Member
0 Kudos

CS15 does not work for variant configured products as it shows every finished goods model associated with the super bom even though the actual component is not used in that particular configuration.how can i find the configured materials that actual contain the material which i will input ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In variant configuration,at the time of sales order creation,perticular

characteristic(s) are entered. After MRP run, planned orders are created&converted into production order(s).In MD04,if you go to planned orders/production orders &go to there component lists,there you can find the materials actually you will be inputting.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Shailendra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keerthi

Thanks Keethi for your answer.

I can see the BOM for the variant material.

But is there any table , where I can find the variant header for the component.

I want to find out the bom header ie. a variant material . I know only the component and want to find out the variant materials in which it is used through a table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amit,

the header material ( Configurable material ) data will be stored in variant tables.It depends on settings to maintain variant tables ( Might be at class level).

Any how ,goto transaction CU63 ( display table) and from options (F4) see what are the tables maintained.

thanks,,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

where can i see the bom of a variant material?

when i put a variant material in cs03, i get the message,'bom can only be displayed via configurable material'

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Goto Cu50 as I`ve said earlier and give the prod. order or sales order and select configuration. In the next screen, select result icon. There you can find the BOM selected with the configuration you`ve done already. In this screen, select Task list for the configured task list.

Keerthi

former_member204463
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Goto transaction code CU50, select the icon Configured objects and select configured objects option as Material or Sales order or Production order. You`ll get the confgiuration already done.

Reward if cleared and close the thread.

Keerthi