cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest some docs to do design my Webdynpro-MVC architecture Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing design for my project.I'd like to know what are all the steps I have to follow & kept in mind before starting design.could anyone give the link to go thro before start design.I should follow MVC Architecture.

ie. I should have 4 DC's---(a)UI (b)Service (c)DAI (d)DAM_R3

Regards,

Karthick.K.E

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MVC already follows MVC design paradigm..!

There are views , controllers and models in every component!

The idea of creating seperate DC s for each was not the reason why dc s are available,.

IAm sharing my view..Hope it helps

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat, But in our project we have to follow the rule that I have to create 4 dc's seperately for MVC.

regards,

karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure where to find the docs for this design?

But isnt it tough to put webdynpro views in one.. model in another etc..

How are you going to connect them ? Seems rather complicated..or am i getting it wrong ?

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick

Every component (DC) you develop in webdynpro follow MVC paradigm.

You said in you project you need to have 4 DC's. what you mean to say is every webpage you develop should contain 4 DC's.

what these stand for ---(a)UI (b)Service (c)DAI (d)DAM_R3. What is that you want to do in each of these components. I can understand for UI but for rest of 3 what is the need?

Let me know your requirement in detail then we can suggest you some alternatives

Regards

NagaKisore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NagaKishore,

As I am new to this design in Webdynpro.

I had been asked to like this..follows..

steps:

1.I should create 4 DC's named:(a) xiep_some_name_ui

(b)xiep_some_name_ser (c)xiep_some_name_dai (d)xiep_some_name_dam_r3

(a)UserInterface --> UI components , context's , Custom controllers and Interface Controllers will be here.

(c)Data Access Interface --> Only the Interfaces will be here.which will have skeleton business methods .

(d)-Data Access Manager_R3 --> Models will be created here.It might have the implementation of the interfaces defined in DAI

(b)Service will have the implementation for all Interfaces defined in DAI.It will have its own business methods.

I dont know how to prepare design doc for this.

Can anyone help me out in this.

Regards,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Did you get What I am Saying.

I have to follow the same design as someone has done like this previously in my project.

Regards,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthick,

Hope this document helps you to design WD application

The title from the document is

Designing Web Dynpro Applications

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b1/d1e4f7c633fb47ac8b115087d5f2b6/frameset.htm

The above link takes you to somehow to wrong title being Example: Using a Foreign Web Dynpro Component

If you scroll up you find the topic that I mentioned above.

Good Luck

Regards,

Dharmi

Message was edited by: Dharmi Tanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

You have so many examples regarding webdynpro in ur system it self, Go through this path where u installed ur sap-Drive:\Program Files\SAP\JDT\eclipse\examples.

And in sdn itself once u navigate to webdynpro page u have code sample applications link on the right side of the page, where you will get so many examples.

So, all the best.

Regards,

Sirisha.R.S.