Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Internet Mail Gateway for MS Exchange 2003 Server

former_member182048
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anybody successfully configured the IMG to work with MS Exchange 2003?

We have our 4.6C currently configured to talk to Exchange 2000 through SXC

Note 594428 - SXC: Exchange 2003 Server is not supported

Solution

R/3 Basis Release 3.1I to 4.6D:

Use IMG 4.6D and sendmail instead of the SXC (see note 101573), or

Upgrade your SAP system to Web Application Server (WAS) 6.10 or later and then use the SMTP plugin.

We only use outbound mail from SAP and this is sent to intranet users only, we are not planning on upgrading for a at least a year and would like to avoid installing another mail server.

Note 363154 - Internet mail gateway: use other MTA than Sendmail

This note suggests that any MTA (Mail Transfer Agent) can be used so long as it can be called from the command line, Exchange is an MTA, anybody now how to do a command line call for Exchange?

I have read the documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/0c/39c93589c5ab53e10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

Jasper

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we are in the process of configuring the Internet Mail Gateway on R/3 4.6c on Unix platform.

I have created the RFC Destinations in SM59 and also checked the Test Connection and its working fine. I then did the Unix configuration and went on to the check whether the configuration was successful in SO01 by sending a sample text message to my company's mail address. but i did not recieve any mails on my Microsoft Outlook, instead the count under the errors column increased by one.

on checking the status for the sent message in SO01, its saying "No Delivery to .@xxx.com(for reason, see long text)... but there's no long text either...

Can anyone please let me know the reasons for it and it would also be really helpful if someone can let me know whether i have missed any configuration settings.

Also, can someone send the list of parameters that are to be entered for the Unix configuration under mlsomadm mailgw.ini, so that i can verify whether i have entered the parameters correctly....

Kindly revert back at the earliest...

Thanks & Regards

Manicks

michael-john_turner
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

AFAIK there's no standard command line interface to Exchange that can be called from the Internet Mail Gateway. My recommendation is to install the Win32 Cygwin port of Exim, the Unix Mail Transport Agent. It's a drop-in replacement for sendmail and should work with the Mail Gateway. I've done something similar with a custom-written Perl script in the past, but using Exim would be superior.

See http://www.cygwin.com/ for more info.

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using http://www.blat.net/ with IMGW and Exchange 2003 - it works fine except that blat sets the encoding to 7Bit (i. e. two encodings are set in the email header, so emails with 8-bit-characters get scrambled).