Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Intercompany billing has 2 line items referring to the same salesorder item

Hi All,

I am posting Intercompany billing documents using Idocs. I am using the standard function module that creates INVOICE IDocs, but these Idocs are failing with error text "Document contains same order item more that once".

The problem lies here, the PO that is been used is a STO (Scheduling Agreement) and the inter company billing the line item has the same material repeated twice but change in the quantity field. So, when I am posting document using Idocs we come across a segment E1EDP01 which has your quantity, weight, line item number and other fields. This segment is getting repeated twice with two different outbound deliveries.

So, I think the solution is a mixture of both functional and technical....

So, what I am planning to do here is for this particular material when ever it comes across duplicate entries add all the quantities fields and other numerical fields in the user exit and then refresh the internal table and then enter new entries. This could be done, but I don't know what could be the functional implications if these changes are made.

Request you all to let me know what exactly needs to done in order to avoid these scenarios.

Raghuram.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question