cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Integration Scenario and Communication Channel Template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

1.What is the purpose of creating Integration Scenario in IR?Is it compulsary to create Integration Scenario in Every Case?(I mean Scenario not using BPM and Scenario using BPM).

2.What is the purpose of creating Communication Channel Template in IR?

3.If we create Communication Channel Template in IR?Do we need to utilize that Communication Channel Template for creating Communication Channel in ID?

4.IF we have created Integration Scenario in IR,and we transfered that Scenario from IR to ID,then Do we need to create Sender Agreement,Receiver Agreement,Receiver Determination,Interface Determination?or will they automatically created?

Please clarify my doubts.Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Ramana.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

<i>1.What is the purpose of creating Integration Scenario in IR?Is it compulsary to create Integration Scenario in Every Case?(I mean Scenario not using BPM and Scenario using BPM).</i>

>>> For graphical overview about the sceanrio.It is not compulsary to create Integration Sceanrio.

<i>2.What is the purpose of creating Communication Channel Template in IR?</i>

>>> In integration scenario while creating the connection between two actions u need to specify the communication channel templates for Sender and Receiver.

<i>3.If we create Communication Channel Template in IR?Do we need to utilize that Communication Channel Template for creating Communication Channel in ID?</i>

>>>You can utilize these templates in ID.After completion to creating the configuration sceanrio need to modify the parameters of the channels.

<i>4.IF we have created Integration Scenario in IR,and we transfered that Scenario from IR to ID,then Do we need to create Sender Agreement,Receiver Agreement,Receiver Determination,Interface Determination?or will they automatically created?</i>

>>> From Tools-->Transfer Integration sceanrio from Integration Repository, From input help choose the sceanrio,Continue and click on Finish ,with the same name the configuration scenaro will create in ID.You need to follow the Confiuration steps like <b>Assign services</b> , here need to choose u r source & target business systems and <b>Configure Connections</b> in this step you can cross check the interfaces,mapping,channel templates involved in this sceanrio and <b>Generate</b>. It would automatically generates Sender Agreement,Receiver Agreement,Receiver Determination,Interface Determination. It would shown to u Generation Log, here you can check what are the objects generated and if there are any errors it would shown Number of errors.

By setting the appropriate channel parameters, activate all objects from change list.Now u can able to test the sceanrio.

However in latest version it is not compulsoary to create Integration sceanrio in IR and to the above things.You can use Configuration Wizard to do all these things or you can do these mauvally.

Hope it will helps to clear u r doubts.

Cheers

Veera

>>>Reward points,if it is needful.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biplabdas,Yuvaraj,Veeranjaneyulu,

Thanks for your reply.Now i got clear idea on Integration Scenario and Communication Channel Template.

Biplabdas,the URL u have provided is very useful.

Rewarded every one with good points.

Regards,

Ramana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

venk,

1.<b>What is the purpose of creating Integration Scenario in IR?Is it compulsary to create Integration Scenario in Every Case?(I mean Scenario not using BPM and Scenario using BPM).</b>

The purpose is to have clear knowledge on flow between systems and wht interfaces are participated

2.<b>What is the purpose of creating Communication Channel Template in IR?</b>

At design time itself we are assuming these are the channels we are going to use.

3.<b>If we create Communication Channel Template in IR?Do we need to utilize that Communication Channel Template for creating Communication Channel in ID?</b>

THis template will be usefull while designing Integration Scenario in IR, were you will specify what channel is used at sender/receiver and while configuring IS in ID, it will be helpfull and shows corresponding Adapters configured as such.

4.<b>IF we have created Integration Scenario in IR,and we transfered that Scenario from IR to ID,then Do we need to create Sender Agreement,Receiver Agreement,Receiver Determination,Interface Determination?or will they automatically created?</b>

All the configurations are automatically created as result of finalizing the configuration wizard.

Regards,

Yuva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkata,

<b>1.What is the purpose of creating Integration Scenario in IR?Is it compulsary to create Integration Scenario in Every Case?(I mean Scenario not using BPM and Scenario using BPM).</b>

if u create Integration scenario in IR ...u can create the objetcs of ID using wizard..

NO..its not mendatory to create Integration Scenario...

<b>2.What is the purpose of creating Communication Channel Template in IR?</b>

CCT is just like a template.. it tells whats the communication channel u gonna use in ID.

<b>3.If we create Communication Channel Template in IR?Do we need to utilize that Communication Channel Template for creating Communication Channel in ID?</b>

No... u can give different communication channel in ID...but if u want to create all the objects of ID using wizard then,.. u can change the CCT.

<b>4.IF we have created Integration Scenario in IR,and we transfered that Scenario from IR to ID,then Do we need to create Sender Agreement,Receiver Agreement,Receiver Determination,Interface Determination?or will they automatically created?</b>

right...they will be automatically created.. see this ...u will find every thing!!!

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/05/11/fileToIDOC&

regard

biplab

<b>***reward if it helps u!!</b>