Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC_OPEN_GROUP USING DEST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I need to use Dest parameter in the BDC_OPEN_GROUP function to generate a data set in other system than the program that create this data set. I tried to use the DEST parameter but i can't generate the data set in the other system. Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

BDC_OPEN_GROUP is not a remote enabled function module so you can't call it via RFC with the Destination addition.

If you really need to do this then write a custom RFC module to wrap the standard BDC_OPEN_GROUP FM and set that to be RFC enabled.

I'm honestly not sure why you'd want to do this to be honest or if it will work but hey ho

Gareth.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

BDC_OPEN_GROUP is not a remote enabled function module so you can't call it via RFC with the Destination addition.

If you really need to do this then write a custom RFC module to wrap the standard BDC_OPEN_GROUP FM and set that to be RFC enabled.

I'm honestly not sure why you'd want to do this to be honest or if it will work but hey ho

Gareth.

0 Kudos

The problem that i need to solve is to generate a data set to execute with a transaction in another system. I don't need to execeute the BDC_OPEN GROUP function via RFC, but i need to generate the data set in another system. I do`'t like to create a file, download in source system and upload in destination system.

0 Kudos

Right, sorry - I see what you mean now.

Is it possible for you to create the dataset in a shared directory that can be seen by both systems?

Gareth.

0 Kudos

NO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi the destination field must be a RFC Destination.

Go to SM59 transaction to found out the correct RFC Destination for the destination system you want. Also try connecting to the destination system from SM59. If that is successful then your FM will also work properly. Otherwise you have to resolve prob with RFC destination and then try with FM.