cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBLookup Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI Guru's,

I am trying to run a scenario where DBLookup is required.

For setting up this i went through "How to guides in SDN : How to perform External DB Look ups from XI utilizing J2EE JDBC connector service".

Steps i performed :

1. Created a java Program ( DBLookup.java) with a class by the name of DBLookup in it and with in a package com.sap.xirig .

2. Compiled it and thus i got DBLookup.class .

3. I zipped both Java Prog and DBLookup.class into DBLookup.zip

4. Imported it as an archive.

5. Created a user defined function which is using com.sap.xirig as import parameter and performing required functionality like creating DBPool object and calling the required functions.

On performing the Message Mapping test , I got following errors :

-->Source code has syntax error:

1.<b>/usr/sap/TD4/DVEBMGS11/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Map07fae6e0860e11dc8f8c00306e5dc224/source/com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_DBLOOKUP_.java:3: package com.sap.xirig does not exist</b>

import com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.;import com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.rt.;import java.util.;import java.io.; import java.lang.reflect.*;import com.sap.xirig.DBLookup;

2. /usr/sap/TD4/DVEBMGS11/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Map07fae6e0860e11dc8f8c00306e5dc224/source/com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_DBLOOKUP_.java:50: cannot resolve symbol symbol : class DBPool location: class com.sap.xi.tf._MM_DBLOOKUP_ DBPool dbp = new DBPool(); ^ /usr/sap/TD4/DVEBMGS11/j2ee/cluster/server0/./temp/classpath_resolver/Map07fae6e0860e11dc8f8c00306e5dc224/source/com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_DBLOOKUP_.java:50: cannot resolve symbol symbol : class DBPool location: class com.sap.xi.tf._MM_DBLOOKUP_ DBPool dbp = new DBPool();

Prior to all these steps i have created the required data source in JDBC adapter in Visual Admin.

Kindly guide and share your views..

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

BINGO.!!!!:-),

Rewarded with points, let me proceed..will catch hold of you for any help required further.....!!!

thanx buddy.!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Farooq,

I am working on PI 7.0 NW2004s, with SP09.

More over where i need to set the connection parameters like :

JDBC Driver , Connection string in Visual Admin..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

> More over where i need to set the connection

> parameters like :

> JDBC Driver , Connection string in Visual Admin..

Use this blog to /people/varadharajan.krishnasamy/blog/2007/02/27/configuring-jdbc-connector-service-to-perform-database-lookups

Thanks

Farooq.

*Rewards Points if you find it useful*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you working on XI 3.0 SP below 14??

The DB lookup is only possible from SP 14 onwards, below if this is not in your case then it will not work.

U can check SP no. from :

one way: Integration Repository> Help> Information

there you can find version--> SP No.

Thanks

Farooq.

*Rewards Points if you find it useful*