Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know which are the deleted entries in task ( in Transport request )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have some entries in a request assigned to a task . Say the task is now having 5 entries to be transported to q03 .

Now i dont want one entry out of these 5 and do a deletion by expanding the node on the task , and then placing the cursor on the entry + do a right click and select the delete option and successfully delete the entry .

This is manually how we achieve this where the 4 entries and the deleted entry is transported . When we open the same TR what i would like to know is which is the entry that i have deleted .

<b>Im not able to capture the difference between deleted entry / non deleted entry by me .</b>

Programmatically i have to achieve this. I just need some hint which table this deleted entry is stored or atleast i need to differentiate that yeah this is the entry that i have deleted but im not able to find this .

Please note that im using version 4.7 ee and the request is customizing request.

Any help is highly appreciated .

Thanks for ur time .

Regards,

Vijay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a TR request, only the keys of the table are held. When you release a transport, then the system uses that key to get the data to be tranported (in the case of a deletion, the data would eb empty)

I don't know in which tabel the exact data is stored. I can however tell you that Transports are stored in table E071. so if you check the package of that table and search se80 for other tables belonging to that pakcage you might find your answer.

You could also activate the sql trace the moment your releasing a transport.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

4 REPLIES 4

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a TR request, only the keys of the table are held. When you release a transport, then the system uses that key to get the data to be tranported (in the case of a deletion, the data would eb empty)

I don't know in which tabel the exact data is stored. I can however tell you that Transports are stored in table E071. so if you check the package of that table and search se80 for other tables belonging to that pakcage you might find your answer.

You could also activate the sql trace the moment your releasing a transport.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply rob .

Yeah the TR only holds key fields of the table but inorder to cross check that these entries are not present i'm looking for a flag sort of stuff that these are the deleted entries and these are not.

I have solved the query of the probelm i had but never knew that in a Custokizing request (referring to E071K ) table i found no clue .

Anyway thanks for the answer.

Regards,

Vijay.

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sniper

Within table E071 you have the field OBJFUNC with the following possible values:

' '    	Normally: transport to the target system (see F1 help)
D	The object was deleted (only functions with deleted objects)
M	Delete and recreate on the database
K	Object keys according to entries in the key list

Now the problem with transport object entries is not whether they are deleted or still existing but to distinguish whether object entries are indeed getting transported.

For example, you create a new plant (T_001W) and save the entry in a customizing request. Before releasing the request you realize that the new plant is obsolete and delete the entry again (T_001W). However, the initial transport object entry is still there (probably with OBJFUNC = ' ' ).

When you release the request the system checks if the transport object entry for the plant exists in the DB table. Since it does not nothing is exported AND nothing will be deleted in the system where the request is being imported BECAUSE the obsolete transport object entry is NOT a delete entry (OBJFUNC = 'D').

As you will understand the contents of a transport request you see in SE09/SE10 just gives you some hints (but not the full truth) about what is acutally transported. Only the export protocol will tell you the full truth.

Regards

Uwe

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

though this is not an answer to your question. You can use transaction SCMP to check the content of tables across clients. So this is more of an action you can do afterwards.