Did you mean: 

MCOD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have installed DEV in a server. Now I want to install QAS in the same

system. Can you give me guidance whether to install with MCOD or second

database instance. Which will be the best one and what will be the

complications in the future with the both instances? Please suggest me or share your comments.

regards,

Nagesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

see thsi not 98252 will help u.

regards

ajai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed ECC6. And I have executed SGEN for all objects. It has taken lot of memory in drive. When I have checked in oraarch folder there are lot of files in it. Files in oraarch folder can be deleted or not? If I delete these files, will it effect databse? Please tell me friends.

regards,

nageshwar

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

these files are called offline redologs. they contain a copy of all transactions done on your database. They are needed if you plan to do a recovery point-in-time in the future.

if you do not plan to backup this system or do not plan to do recovery point-in-time, you should disable archiving.

so, what is your plan?

depending on your answer, I will provide a full answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Thanx for your reply. I will take backup of all drives. Can u please tel me how to disable archivelog. And once if I take backup, can I delete logs in oraarch folder?

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Nageshwar

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to disable archiving:

sqlplus "/ as sysdba"

alter database noarchivelog;

exit;

this will stop creating offline redologs.

if you do not plan on using logs from oraarch, you can safely delete all of them, even before backup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thanks a lot and there are some more queries....

1.In ECC6, if I go to smartforms, and activate for first time it will be activating and after making any changes if we activate it again , it shows an dump error saying TIME_LIMIT_EXCEEDED. But its working fine IDES system.

2. If any ABAP programs are deleted, created by our developers, it takes a couple of minutes to delete it.

3. Can u give me steps to configure TMS for ECC6. I have configured TMS but it says Transport group configuration not consistent. Its working fine in IDES and SOLMAN.

Hope you reply these ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nageshwar

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nageshwar,

you should open 3 different new topics for your 3 questions. they are not related to the original topic. and people will be able to answer the questions they believe they can answer on an individual basis.

Thansks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ECC6, if I go to smartforms, and activate for first time it will be activating and after making any changes if we activate it again , it shows an dump error saying TIME_LIMIT_EXCEEDED. But its working fine IDES system.

Regards,

Nageshwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If any ABAP programs are deleted, created by our developers, it takes a couple of minutes to delete it. Can any one give me an hint reg this.

Regards,

Nageshwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u give me steps to configure TMS for ECC6. I have configured TMS but it says Transport group configuration not consistent. Its working fine in IDES and SOLMAN.

regards,

Nageshwar

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nageshwar,

You did not understand what I meant by 3 topics,

go at

click on Post New Thread

ask question #1

go at

click on Post New Thread

ask question #2

go at

click on Post New Thread

ask question #3

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

install SAP, Oracle in differnet directories.

As others said, avoid MCOD. it's a pain to maintain. and if you want to refresh QAS, it will be a nightmare.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can u give me steps to install multiple databases in single server.

Versions:

SAP version:ECC6.0

Database:Oracle 10g

I will wait for ur valuable inputs.

Regards,

nageshwar

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

look at the installaltion guide.

basically, you install:

Windows

SAP and Oracle

SAP and Oracle again (use different Oracle home and different SAP system number and SID)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MCOD = multiple components in one database

means that you are using ONE database Instance storing the database contents of multiple SAP Systems, which are normaly stored in different databases.

This typically makes only sense if the related SAP Systems are highly depending on each other and you need to have the ability to restore/recover the database contents for the two systems on the database transaction level.

but you will loose a lot of flexibility with MCOD:

negative keypoints are:

- independent managabilty,

- ease of system copy (backup/restore) of a single system

- running different database versions / patches

- tuning of the single db-instances

peter

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MCOD is not a good option , you should go for MCOD only if you have constraints on Server Resources.

When you have MCOD, software upgrades and patches to the database become difficult to manage.

Getting downtime on one instance becomes difficult, cause if you need stop/start of database , you then need to wait for a downtime when all databases can be shutdown.

Regards,

Siddhesh