cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

comparison of BADI versus User exit !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again,

Can somebody tell me diifferences between BADI and BAPI... And which should be preffereed and why?

Thanks a lot - Chandan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again standard Disclaimer. I am not technically qualified to answer this question.

Firstly I am confused. The Thread subject says "comparison of BADI versus User exit" but the body says "diifferences between BADI and BAPI..".

Per my understanding BADI and User Exit are same things like apples and pears. Both allow enhancements to standard SAP code. BADI is Object-oriented and class -based. But both essentially enable you to do the same thing i.e. put your processing logic in corresponding exit points of standard SAP code.

BAPI on the other hand is to extract (read and update) data to and from the APO system in particular liveCache. It is purely to pull data (GETLIST) and / or update (SAVEMULTIPLE). Likewise you can delete data (Master and Transaction). BAPIs can not be used to change the processing logic in enhancements. However BAPIs are used extensively in the BADI enhancements to extract and update data based on client-specific processing logic (coding).

Hope this helps.

Somnath

Answers (0)