cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process to find out a USER EXIT/ BADI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please help me out with the typical process of finding a user exit and BADI for a particular requirement in the system?

Win full points for the detailed answer !

Best Regards,

Chandan DUbey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What Siva has mentioned is to find BADIs.

Finding the user exits are more difficult.

Easiest option in ERP or SAP R/3 system - import code for report ZUSEREXIT (or some other name) by searching on Google and execute the report giving a transaction code. Check this report may already be there in your system.

However this report does not work as-is in APO.

So for APO/SCM system you can either goto SPRO and check the Enhancements under each section or use transaction SMOD and there search for enhancements. Example would be say search for CIF* in SMOD for listing all the user exits related to CIF (typically used). Make sure you select Components as Object Components and click on Display. This will list the relevant function modules exits.

Hope this helps.

Somnath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Below can follow the below steps to find the badi:

1) Goto se24 (Display class cl_exithandler)

2) Double click on the method GET_INSTANCE.

3) Put a break point at Line no.25 (CASE sy-subrc).

Now

4) Execute SAP standard transaction

5) Press the required button for which you need to write an exit logic, the execution will stop at the break point.

6) Check the values of variable 'exit_name', it will give you the BADI name called at that time.

7) This way you will find all the BADIs called on click of any button in any transaction

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva, Somnath,

Both of you have provided extremely helpful answers. But i cannt reward full points to both so i am randomnly assigning it

One question for Siva : For the particular transaction it shows me.... i tried with /SAPAPO/SDP94.... but how do you find if you click on selection profile button or any other??? Do yuo have to keep executing and note down all the exits for that transaction??? please give an example for the push button level !!

Thanks a Ton - Chandan