cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have created a Status profile with three options, like 1) Created 2) Approved by sales & 3) Approved by Finance. I have attached the Status profile to the document type.

The problem is when anyone opens the status tab of the document all the tabs are displayed. My requirement is the tabs should be user specific. Eg. the tab "Approved by Sales" should be displayed/ editable by a user and the tab "Approved by Finance" be displayed/editable by a different user?

Any solutions ?

Regards,

Udaynath.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

just go through this,

A profile used to control user statuses.

A status profile is created by the user in general status management.

In a status profile you can:

Define the sequence in which user statuses can be activated

Define initial statuses

Allow or prohibit certain business transactions

Creating a User Status Profile

Use

Profile that is used to control user statuses. The user status profile is created by the user in general status management and defines the sequence in which user statuses can be activated, initial statuses, and allows or prohibits certain business transactions.

Prerequisites

To ensure that the 'ownership' of work requests is clear, you must create a user status profile in the Implementation Guide (IMG) and assign it to orders, operations, notifications and tasks.

Procedure

To call up the IMG from the initial R/3 screen, choose Tools --- AcceleratedSAP -

Customizing --- Project management. The screen Customizing: Project Administration is displayed. Choose the pushbutton SAP Reference IMG.

In the IMG hierarchy, choose Plant Maintenance and Customer Service --- Maintenance Processing and Service Processing and then either:

Maintenance and Service Orders --- General Data --- Maintain User Status for Orders -

Define User Status Profiles, or

Notifications --- User Status for Notifications -

Define User Status Profiles for Notifications.

Make all the necessary entries and then save the partner profile that you have created.

Perform the assignment of the user status profile to maintenance orders and notifications in the IMG under the respective menu paths:

Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -

Maintenance Processing and Service Processing, and then either:

Maintenance and Service Orders --- General Data -

Maintain User Status for Orders --- Assign User Status Profile to Order Types, or

Notifications --- User Status for Notifications -

Assign User Status to Notification Types.

Result

Example of a possible user status profile:

Status no.

Status

Short text

Initial status

Lowest status no.

Highest status no.

Position

Priority

Auth.

code

NEW

New SAP Order

Yes

PM0001

EXT

SAP Order sent to CSD system

PM0001

CHG

CSD Order Changed in SAP

PM0001

SAP

CSD Order returned to SAP

PM0001

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krishnan,

in the BS02 tcode chose your status shema and than in the authorizations kyes pute Z1 for Approved, and Z2 for sales. and in the profile for the user "Approved" pute Z1 in the authorization object, and Z2 for sales user. for the creator of the SO do note put any kye.

now if u create the SO u can't put the status in "Approved " or sales.

u can see also the note 910554.

NB: excuse my bad english (im form frensh area).

Cordialy.

Said

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do i check the note "910554"?

Thanks & Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

to check sap note u shold have login in SAPMARKET Place. (http://service.sap.com).

cordialy

Said

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Said,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please give me the transaction code and the steps for updating the authorization keys in the user profile.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Uday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan,

go to Tcode PFCG and create a role "Z_Role_VA01", in this role put a transaction VA01, VA02 and VA03.

now in the same transaction (PFCG) go to "Maintain authorization Data and generates profiles" and go to <b>Maintained Cross-application Authorization Objects</b> > <b>Maintained Status Management: Set/Delete User Status</b> >...

and in <b>the Authorization key</b> put Z1 or Z2 (Approved or Sales) and in the <b>Status profile</b> put your Satutus profile that you are create in the BS02 transction.

do note forget to generate the profile .

now create user "Approval" in SU01 and put the first profile with Z1 and an other user "Saler" with and other profile (with Z2). u can request help of an admin or technical consultant.

regards.

Said