cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populate dropdownlist with more than 50 items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created an online form in which I have to fill a dropdownlist with more than 50 items. But when the number of items is more than 50 only the first value appears.

I have encountered this problem before and have solved it by some standard SAP code, that caled up a pop-up application in which you can make your selection.

In this case however I use the dropdownlist as a translation table and thus need to acces the values by scripting. This means the table has to be actually filled with the values.

Does anyone know how to change the upper limit of 50 entries or how to work around this problem?

K.r.,

Philip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Philip,

Below is a part of note 1013227, hope it helps.

How to change the maximum number of items allowed in the Value Help DDL**:

Maximum number of items that a Value Help DDL can hold is defined by the "sap.valuesetlimit.maxondemand" property of the web dynpro "default" property sheet. J2ee administrator can change this value by logging into the "Visual Administrator" tool as follows:

- Go to Instance_ID -> Server<X> -> Services -> Configuration Adapter.

- On the right hand panel, select "Display Configuration" tab under "Runtime" tab.

- Under the "Configurations" tree select webdynpro -> sap.com -> tcwddispwda -> propertysheet default

- Switch to edit mode by clicking on the button on the top left corner of the right panel having a pen and a spectacle icon on it while keeping the "propertysheet default" selected.

- Double click "propertysheet default". "Display Configuration" popup appears. Select "sap.valuesetlimit.maxondemand" property and provide a custom value. Apply Custom. Switch back to view mode.

- Restart the server.

• We strongly discourage to manipulate this value untill and otherwise it is very much required to do so. Should your application always deals with a large number of value sets, use enumerated DDLs instead. Follow the next section on how to use this.

**Be careful to change this value as it is a global change and every application (having value help : web dynpro and interactive form) running on this server will be affected.

Kind regards,

Maarten.