Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Only SAP_ALL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the easiest way to create a copy of SAP_ALL that is Display only?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has been answered many, many times. A recent one is:

If you use the search box at the top of this forum for SAP_ALL_DISPLAY you will get plenty of responses.

To create a real SAP_ALL display takes quite a wuile as it involves a lot more than changing activity values to display ones. To start with, you need to be very careful about what you allow in the S_* objects.

0 Kudos

Thanks Alex,

I downloaded a new role with SAP_ALL, changed all ACTVT * to ACTVL 03, but I get this error msg when uploading the role :

"Transferred codepage does not match the byte order mark".

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi David,

Try with SAP_NEW role, I hope your problem will be solved.

Regards,

Hari.

0 Kudos

Hi David,

I wouldn't recommend editing the .SAP file manually for this very reason. You have replaced a single char field with 2 chars & SAP is no longer getting the data in the format it requires.

Much a sit pains me to say this, editing it manually in PFCG is probably the best way to go, it should take 2-3 hours to do it completely

Cheers

Alex

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Don't do that, it's not the way to go.

You'll end up giving users much more authorizations than they should have.

Frank.

0 Kudos

I agree with Frank,

There is absolutely no sound reason for anyone having sutch wide access,

If someone needs wide access the best way to go is compile a role that is the result of combining all display roles you have created.

0 Kudos

While I agree 100% if we are talking about a production or sensitive environment. In a Dev box or possibly a QA box the risk is somewhat limited <i>if this is done properly</i>.