Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-On AUTOID_INT_200_470 on SAP R/3 Enterprise4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to install AII2.1.

We have SAP R/3 Enterprise 4.7 Extension Set 110.

The Master guide does not have this backend option.It has R/3 Enterprise 4.7 Extension Set 200.

Can I install Add-On AUTOID_INT_200_470 on my system?Or do I need to upgrade my R/3 to Extension Set 200?

Thanks in advance,

Suparna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suparna,

We have the same scenario in our project and unfortunately before installing the Add-On you need to upgrade your software version to 4.7 Set 200..

You can see note 804030 for the prerequisites

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!

We will upgrade our R/3 to Extension Set 200.

Regards,

Suparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP only provides standard support for 47 ES 2.0. This means SAP tested and validated 2.1 against 2.0 and not 1.1. You have 2 options - either upgrade to ES 2.0 or later releases - or - implement it with 1.1. It may or may not work. If it does or you can get it to work with some custom code, great. But if you implement with 1.1, realize there is no standard support for that release.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone have experience with the combination of 4.7 without extention set 2 together with AutoID 2.1.

We are in an important stage with a client who explicitely does not want to install the extention set, but where we would start an RFID pilot.

Any further details regarding this combination (like extra custom made programming required?) is welcome.

Mr. Motter, do you know any implementations like that ?

Thanks in advance !

timmotter
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Unfortunately, SAP does not provide any documentation prior to 4.7 ext. 200. There have been no projects on ext. 100. What is your capacity with your customer - as a consultant?

Regards,

Tim

timmotter
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Point of clarfication when I stated that "SAP does not provide any documentation prior to 4.7 ext. 200", SAP supports 4.6C, 4.7 ext. 200, ERP 2004, and ERP 2004s. Will support later versions as they are delivered. For those releases SAP supports, there is documentation, testing, and validation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Thanks a lot for your information !

We are in negociation with a huge multinational to start a RFID pilot, but they do not want to apply the extention set. In 2008 they will be upgrading as per their current plans. Applying this set 2 would require full business scenario testing. That would be an even more extensive project than the pilot itself.

I guess we will use a scenario with a standalone R/3 system (not in their landscape) just for pilot use. We might even use our own demo systems, that's the 2nd option we have in mind.

It is just a problem that we cannot apply RFID with the 4.7 after the pilot phase for the remaining 2-3 years until the upgrade in 2008.

But if you say that there is no support for 4.7 without ES 2, do you mean support in general for the R/3 system or just in conjunction with AutoID ?

Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend !

Regards,

Marc Korstanje

timmotter
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

This only refers to the scenario with AII. However, I would like to talk to you about this project in more detail as we might be able to help you out in another way. Please contact me next week at your convenience directly at timothy.motter@sap.com.

Have a good weekend.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

That sounds good! I will do so.

Kind regards,

Marc Korstanje