cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSSM changeability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Due to a specific issue, we want to deactivate an authorization object in the production system.

Problem is that I cannot change this setting. Eventhough I opened the system in SCC4, I only see the display button in transaction RSSM.

The menu options in RSSM: Extras \ Changeability are "Maintenance also in non-change system" and "Maintenance only in changeable system", but they are both unavailable (gray).

What can I do to unflag the authorization object for 2 InfoCubes in the production bw system?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

You can chage it by login through admin userid.It can be done by basis ppl also.

Best Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

I changed the global setting to modifiable via transaction SE03: "Set system change option".

mathew_muthalaly
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have always transported such changes DEV>>QAS>>PRD.

That is posible from the bar (button) with transport icon at the bottom of the page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mathew, Thanks for you reply. I am aware that the correct way is to transport these changes. But I've read that it is dangerous to transport the deactivation of auth object, espescially when this auth object is still active in several other infocubes.

I have the profiles SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it an option to manually change the entries in table RSSTOBJDIR to deactivate the auth object?

Has anyone ever tried this before? Thanks

mathew_muthalaly
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am more comfortable with transporting as I have done that multiple times and it has given me no problems.

1. Enter the Auth. Object name

2. Choose the 'Check for Info-cubes' option

3. Change >>uncheck only the Info-cubes you want to take out

4. Save

5. Transport

5. Test your changes in QAS before putting it in Production

I would suggest that you check if your DEV, QAS and PRD systems are congruent in this respect (Authorization Object-Infocube reference) before you make the change. Keep a snapshot of the Authorization Object-Infocube reference in QAS and PRD before you transport. In case some references are lost, you could transport again with those missing.