Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

defference between submit and call transaction statements

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can anybody tell me what is the deffrence between 'submit report' and

'call transaction' statement.

we call any report by call transaction statement also, by creating the transaction for the report.

regards

kq

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

submit is for calling executable programs,

call transaction is for calling module pool programs.

u can create a tcode for executable program and call using call transaction but it will cause an extra object(and the program should have a screen or selection-screen).

rgds,

bharat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the descriptions of the OSS notes which I picked up for a similiar problem which i encountered in my project...

OSS Search...

I checked the OSSNote......329835... the problem is acknowledged and it recommends....

To call up a report via Transaction 'Execute report group' (GR55) needs less internal sessions as if you call it up via the report tree.

Ossnote .... 34154 is very interesting.

This is concerned with internal sessions: The R/3 System offers the option to change from one information level to another: by branching in the menu path (for example "Goto" or "Information system"), double-clicking in ABAP lists, cross-references in hypertext and so on. Technically speaking, you call one program/transaction from within another one (ABAP/4 statements CALL DIALOG or CALL TRANSACTION, but not CALL SCREEN). For the user, it is desirable that this process is reversible, that is, that you can also go back step by step. The whole path is therefore stored in a stack of so-called internal sessions. If the maximum number of internal sessions is reached, you cannot go any further. This maximum number is hardcoded as 9, and this cannot be changed.

When creating programs in R/3, the developers try to make sure that such a situation does not occur. Thus, a SUBMIT is only used if it is useful to leave the calling program active. However, an overflow of the stack of internal sessions cannot always be avoided. If the developer makes the navigation user-friendly, there is in some cases the option that this limit is reached by nested transaction calls.

Ossnote.....393879

Recommends replace CALL with LEAVE.

• CALL TRANSACTION sy-tcode.

LEAVE TO TRANSACTION sy-tcode.

regards,

Omkar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Submit

Calls report rep.

The system leaves the active program and starts the new report rep. You must specify the name in uppercase, otherwise a runtime error occurs.

Note

calls the tcode.

the additions are different

former_member188827
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

submit statement allows u call a report from another report.if u dont use da addition return, the called program will be executed and calling program will be terminated whereas in call transaction calling program is only interrupted and after execution of called program processing resumes at first statement after call transaction statement in calling program.