cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog Work process being blocked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I deleted one of the sessions using ctrl + alt + del in one of my application server. Now when i checked using work process overview through sm51 in that application server (logged in through other application server). The dialog work process is in the running status and it is still held by me for a long time.

can anyone suggest me that I go for cancelling the process by choosing

Process -> cancel without core. I have already tried terminating the session through sm04. I would like to add one more thing that in action column of the work process overview is shown as roll out.

Regards

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gaurav,

You can cancel the Process using CANCEL WITHOUT CORE , incase if you do not require a log details for that particular Work Process.

You can cancel the Process using CACEL WITH CORE , incase if you want a Log details for the same !

The same activity can be performed at Operating system level using the "dpmon" utility.

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can cancell the process thro Process -> cancel without core

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bidwan ,

Thanks for your suggestion. But I have one doubt that after cancelling the process.

Do I need to restart at the sap level ??

will there be any effect on the performance of the application server??

Please clarify these doubts.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

No - you dont have to restart at sap level. After cancelling you should see the WP in waiting status. Thats it.

No effect on the performance of app server