Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What is Process Code ???

Why Do we Need it ???

With out Process Code Can't we Send the Data ????

Regards

Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The process code tell to the system receiver the application that have to process the IDoc that receive the application.

It is set on we20 for the inbound parameter.

Example of process code associated to some Idoc are the following:

MATMAS --> MATM Material master data

CREMAS --> CRE1 Vendor master data

I suggest you to see the Input Help to understand better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi naga,

<b>What is Process Code ???</b>

When we create Partner Profile we define which message to be sent and how we will send it

similerly we define the process code in inbound and outbound parameters for IDOC which at beckend will call some Function Modules to send or recieve the data.

WE41 for outbound process codes and WE42 for inbound process codes.

if you are sending the idoc from your SAP system to external then that is outbound.

if you are receiving the idoc into your SAP system from external then that is inbound.

If you don't find a standard one there then you need to create one.

check this..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/04/25fbd69e3511d188da0000e8216438/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/dc/6b803343d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

<b>With out Process Code Can't we Send the Data ????</b>

in Idoc u have to provide process code.

regards

biplab

<b>**reward if it helps u!!!</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naga,

What is Process Code ???

Process code is used for different modules to send the IDOC from R/3 to XI or to update the IDOC into R/3. For example process code ME10 is used to send the IDOC from R/3. Process code is configured in NACE transaction.

Why Do we Need it ???

To process the IDOC automaticaly on triggering the transaction of a perticular module. e.g. When erever we create any purchase order using ME21N, then IDOC will be triggerd.

With out Process Code Can't we Send the Data ????

<b>Yes you can</b>, using <b>WE19</b> you can send the IDOC.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Means this process code is to send the IDOC From R/3 to XI & Vice Versa Instead of Using WE19 Test Tool.

Is it Right ?????

I heard About Some Change Pointers Using RSEOUT to Send the IDOC to XI. Then What About this Mechanism

Regards

Babu

Message was edited by:

naga babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to Work With Process Code in Sending or Receiving the IDOC's .

Please let me know where i need to Enter this Process code in the Entire Scenario.

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Means this process code is to send the IDOC From R/3 to XI & Vice Versa Instead of Using WE19 Test Tool.

Is it Right ????? <b>Right!</b>

I heard About Some Change Pointers Using RSEOUT to Send the IDOC to XI. Then What About this Mechanism.

For this you have to write an abap report to trigger the IDCO.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So If We Used this Process code means , there is no need of this change Pointers Method ......

Right ?????

Okay

Can u Please let me know where I need to Enter this Process code in the Entire Scenario.

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>How to Work With Process Code in Sending or Receiving the IDOC's .</b>

<b>Please let me know where i need to Enter this Process code in the Entire Scenario.</b>

Under yuor partner profile -

> double click on idoc under outbount parameters -

> then go to Message Control tab here you need to enter the procees code for outbounding.

For inbounding under partner profile just double click on you idoc under inboud parameters and you will see the input field for process code.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Message was edited by:

Sarvesh Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Finally,

Where can we Gather all these Process codes for Various IDOC's

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you mean to say how can we get/gather process code for a particular IDOC, then

One mehtod which i know is First of all add your IDOC under your partner profile give all the details like message type, basic type, port, packet size then go to "Message Control" tab now press the plus button to add the process code then press the F4 help. it will come.

For inbound IDOC also, take F4 help.

Regards,

Sarvesh