Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing the number of characters for the text to be displayed in script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The text field of one way invoice can accomodate only 50 characters only.Now there is a requirement to accomodate 300 characters for text.Currently SGTXT field from BSEG table is used to display the text.But now they have asked to use ZEILE field from structue EENO_DYNP.Now how can I retrieve data from structure?Also should I make changes in the window in the script in which the text is getting displayed?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the script , replace BSEG-SGTXT with EENO_DYNP-ZEILE .

this wil take care as ZEILE has 300 char,

Revrt back if any issues,

Regards,

Naveen

0 Kudos

Hi,

I need not make any changes in the print program?

0 Kudos

Hema,

If you are populating that field in a internal table and then passing the same to the script then you need to change that in the print program.By the way you can't retrieve data from a structure.So try to find out which table has this field zeile using sql trace or se84 and use the same in the program and populate it.

K.Kiran.

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for replying.

Currently in the internal table i_bseg,sgtxt field is declared as sgtxt LIKE bseg-sgtxt.I have changed it to sgtxt LIKE eeno_dynp-zeile.Will this work?If not,could u pls tell me how can I find in which table zeile field is present using sql trace?

Regards,

Hema

0 Kudos

Hema,

run st05 and switch on the sql trace

run the transaction where the field zeile is getting populated.

now go to st05 swith off the trace

display the trace

you will be able to see all the tables that are used to populate the corresponding fields in the transaction.

K.Kiran.