Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HRPAD00INFTY/PBAS0001

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, there's a requirement to default values in an infotype based on other values typed in the same infotype. I'm working on ECC 6.0 system. Tried using the BADI - HRPAD00INFTY and Customer Exit - PBAS0001.

But the problem with both the exits are that the PBO is getting triggered only once before the screen is initially displayed. But we need the PBO Method and PAI Method in the BADI to be triggered whenever the user does an action on the screen.

The reason why the PBO exit-method is not getting triggered is due to the system variable PSYST-NSELC getting set to NO in the PAI standard module.

But am not sure if this was the case with SAP systems (4.7, ECC 5.0) where i believe the PBO exit-method will be triggered upon every everytime the screen is getting displayed.

Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers,

Venkat

2 REPLIES 2

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can't you use dynamic actions for this requirement?

regards, Rob Dielemans

PS for more info search the HR forum on dynamic actions

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the answer.

I accomplished the task of updating the other record with the help of the standard routines available in SAPFP50M. Dynamic actions couldnt have been directly used for this case since the record to be updated had to be selected from the database and updated.

Regards,

Venkat