Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding images in bsp

former_member585865
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a requirement that when i choose a material that particular image has to come along with the material selection.can anyone explain where the images has to be stored and how to change the images based on the selection.if any sample code it will a great help for me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can do it thru javascript

search the web there are lot of examples

http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/cut173.shtml

you can store the images in the mime repository

former_member585865
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Durairaj,

i have stored my images in mime since am new to bsp i don't know how to assign these images to a particular material, i have an requirement that when i choose a material it should produce the following details material,product hierarchy and material description along with the particular image since we have many materials in mara table i should assign each image to a each material how can do this?since am new to bsp i hope you can help me by your valuable answers.if any sample code for these scenario just help me.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to somewhere store the material number <-> image name relationship say in a ztable or something like that. then based on that you have to pick up the right material image in bsp

former_member585865
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi durairaj,

i dont now how to add images in Z table could you please explain me in detail....

thanks in advance

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not the image itself, just the image name. for convenience sake you could name the images as <materialnumber>.jpg

in this approach, you dont even need the table for creating relationship between material number and image

former_member585865
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Durairaj,

my problem is solved thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GrahamRobbo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I'm not sure from these responses how your problem is solved, so let me quickly describe how I do this for one of my customers.

I use Generic Object Services to store the product images, data sheets, test results, etc. linked to the material master. Then I have written a HTTP handler for rendering these images in a browser. In this way all material data, structured and unstructired, is stored inside the ERP system and linked together.

Cheers

Graham Robbo