cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart option for failed transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masters,

I wanted to know the diffrence between the Manual and Automatic restart option for failed transactions in XI and how both are implemented.

Will be good if anybody can provide me any help over this.

Regards

AB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please gothrough this Blog

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Reward Points if Helpful

Regards

Giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks giri but if we go through a designer point of view which parameters we should consider to choose which option we should go :- manual or automatic.

Regards

AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I would rather bet on <b>manual</b>.

considering the scenario is configured correctly and working fine, then if error occurs, you like to know what causes the error, so by opting manual one can know the error and decide upon further proceedings

If the error is system related then going for <b>automatic </b>is more suitable

regards

RAmesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It Depends upon the Situation.

Like Ramesh told in the Above, By Manual one can Know the Error Clearly & it is a Use in Future .

Regards

Giri

Former Member
0 Kudos

But ramesh if we take the message frequncy wont it be problematic to manual restart it each and every time ?

I want the different parameters on which we take decisions .

Thanks ramesh for your inputs.

Regards

AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ab,

Yes i agree it is problematic to manual restart each time, but once we know the cause might be problem in configuration or system error then we can make it automatic right.

But suppose if you consider a situation where you set the automatic configuration for some scenario and might be that there is some error in the configured scenario, then there is performance issue right.

anyways, hope these inputs helps

regards

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ramesh and giri

Regards

AB