cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute import is greyed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Why I am not able to execute import functions from Import Manager . This command is greyed out for me .I am trying to load an hierarchical data sets from a text file .

Can someone pls suggest to solve this out .

regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

If u are importing a hierarchy then there are certain check outs u need to follow.

<b>step 1:</b>

First if u are declaring a field as a look up u need not mention the fields inside the look up table which are included as the childs of the root node declared as the look up.

<b>step2:</b>

U need to either split the field containing the values or combine them<i>(constitute a hierarchy)</i> as depending on the source .

<b>step3:</b>

Doing this just split the field selecting the option <u>split into hierarchy</u>.set the split delimiter as per the source.

<b>step4:</b>

Note here that the new field that is created have to be named differently.Map the field(new) tyo the field in the destination side.

<b>step5:</b>

Doing this just click the Node expander on the source side select all the siblings under the root node and select the option <i>add as child</i>.the values (tree) will be duplicated on the destination side with the leaf nodes mapped.

Note:Only leaf values have to be mapped.

Reward me with points if u find this blog helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Deepankar Pandit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi first check in the partition if u have selected the correct node to add.then after this go in "mapping fields"i f u have mapped the node only or not then in value mapping u have to salect all the nodes other than the topmost parent node and then add them as a "add branch as a child" and then in matching add the matching field name and then check if now ur able to import or not if not there must be an instruction written there to follow on that page.

if still ur not bale to do that i will sernd u the screen shot .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amit,

Re: Execute import is greyed out, means

1. you check for value mapping

2. check match records tab,

in that check for mapped destination fields, matching fields,

3. in the import status tab, check Ation Items;

in this if the action is ready to import, you can go for import action.

otherwise, in action items it will give some commont like (for some fields value mapping is not done --- etc.,), follow those comments and you can able to import.

hope this may help you

regards

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You can create hierarachy in the import manager by using the partitioning option. Partition the fields as per your requirement and then in the destination table select the hierarchy table. Then go in the MAP FIELDS/VALUES and select hierarachy name as the destination field, in the source table select the <b>field name (partition)</b> as your source field map the two fields. then in the VALUE CONVERSUION AND MAPPING, select the complete hierarchy node along with leaf node and then add it to the destination side ,once it is automatically map then go in the match records tab and select the hierarchy name ifeld in the MAPPED DESTINATION FIELDS and ADD it to the MATCHING FIELDS select the import actions and import it.

Check if this works for you

Bye Take care

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Pls check if you mapped the fileds also also did value mapping.

You also have to specify the Import action.

After that only the Execute Import option will get enabled.

Please let me know if you dont know how to perform these actions.

+ An