cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unused Spool Work Processes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respected All,

We have configured 3 spool work process in our system. ( rdisp/wp_no_spo is set to 3). But we have noticed that at a time only 1 spool process is being used. The other 2 processes are always in a waiting phase. As a result , a large number of spool request are in a wait phase. What i want is that the 3 spool work process should work together rather than just one working and the other 2 waiting.

I hope that whosoever has an idea about the solution to the problem helps me out at the earliest.

Reagrds,

Alok Adatia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

351492 - Setting up frontend printing as of Release 4.6B

65109 - Long delays when printing during overload

39412 - How many work processes to configure

Please check out this additional notes.

Regards,

Jeff

Please reward if helpful.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

To make good use of the spool processes, first of all you need to allow load balancing (which is by default deactivated by SAP).

'Allow load balancing' is an option available in the properties of the spool server.

The spool server is an SAP application server that provides spool processing. It therefore requires at least one spool work process.

SAP Note 108799 in the SAP Service Marketplace explains how many spool work processes you should configure for each server.

Please read the following documentation for more details:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/d9/4a96b051ea11d189570000e829fbbd/frameset.htm">Spool Server Concepts</a>

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh