Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment selection in Maintenance Order/ Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus;

Greetings!

I am facing a problem, in which if I create a maintenance order with a specific work center of one of the maintenance plants & putting an equipment/ F.L. as reference object of different plant, then system is allowing me to select the equipment from different plant. Instead it should throw an error message, how do I do it?

Points assured.

Regards

Hemant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This cannot be achieved through configuration. You will have to check one of the exits.

B A

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi hemant

since you can create a maintenance order for different planning plant also, it will allow to create an order as you said

check the following scenerio

<b>Creating an Order with Different Planning Plant</b>

Call up the initial screen for creating an order.

Complete the screen according to your requirements. Enter the technical object that represents the reference object.

In the field Planning plant, enter the number of the required planning plant that is different from the default value, and choose Continue.

The system displays a dialog box, in which you select either the planning plant entered in the master record of the technical object, or the planning plant just entered.

<b>Note:</b>

You cannot change the planning plant that you select now for the order.

Select the correct planning plant.

The header data screen for the order appears.

Enter data as required and save the order.

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

While creating an order, you need to specify either Equipment or plant......if you are selecting equipment from other plant it wont stop you as you must have assigned this order type to all the plants in Order Customizing & work center will come automatically from the equipment master. The system will stop you fom selecting an equipment from different plant in a maintenance order only if you have not defined this order type to that plant in customizing of Maintenance Order.

Hope, you understand this.....

Regards....