cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material component Overview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) In the material component overview, there is a column called "Quantity Received". But no value is getting updated in this column when I am receiving materials. What can be the reason for this?

2) In the same report, "Shortfall Qty" column is also available. Is it the difference between the Requirement Qty and the Received Qty? If not, what is it?

3) What is the meaning of "Pegged Requirement"?

regards

Pratap

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First, the last question:

You do availability check to confirm materials from a plant / storage location. If the material is lying in a WBS stock, this wouldn't be available for network commitment. The materials committed for your network must be from general unrestricted stock. If you want to commit materials already committed to other networks / sales orders to the network under discussion, you can do back order processing - Txn:CO06 and remove the commitment from those networks / sales orders/ production orders and commit the released materials to your network

With regard to received qty:

Please see under components overview, under "Purchase data" tab, whether GR qty is updated. In the case of item category "N', I am sure both GR qty and received qty gets updated. What is the item category you are referring to?

Regards

Muraleedharan.R

091 9880028904

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will check once again from my side and let you know tomorrow.

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Muraleedharan,

The second and the third questions are solved. My Shortfall qty column is displaying the correct values.

But the "Quantity Received" column is not at all displaying any values. I will explain to you my whole scenario.

Scenario:

In our project, we are using Internal activities for creating reservations of materials. So, no "GR qty" is being shown in the activity detail screen as in the case of External activity.

A WBS BOM is created for the whole project which consists of all the materials required. MRP is run on the WBS BOM and the procurement is done. When I check the "CN52N" after doing GR, the "GR Qty" column is not getting updated. The materials are both L and N.

Hope you have understood my scenario.

regards

Pratap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)Quantity received gets updated when "Goods Receipt" is made for the item for account assigned materials. In your case pl check whether the materials are account assigned / and GR has been made.

2) Shorfall quantity is required quantity minus commiitted quantity. This will get updated only if availability check is activated for materials and availability check is caried out in the network. Transaction (from Project builder ) - select network --> Edit --> Availability --> Material.

3.Pegged quantity is the source from which purchase proposal or production order gets generated- the source of purchase order could be a sales order line item or a newtwork reservation. Due to the tight inteegration in SAP the requirements can be easily traced , or pegged.

If this clarifies the issue, pl acknowledge the same.

Muraleedharan.R

091 9880028904

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am satisfied with answers for 2nd and 3rd questions. Thank you very much.

Coming to my first question, all my materials are account-assigned and the GRs also have been made. Inspite of this the "Qty Received" column is not getting updated for any of my projects.

Coming to my second question, the MMBE (stock overview) of a particular material is showing an Unrestricted Project Stock of 12 No, but the commited qty is being displayed as only 7 No. I have checked the Stock Overview correctly. Please see if you can help me.

regards

Pratap