cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC input and Output parameters not coming when imported into VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to import an RFC Function Module into Visual Composer, but I am unable to get the input and output parameters of the FM.

When I import an SAP standard RFC FM the problem is not coming. Please help on the said issue.

Cheers

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Are you able to Test the imported RFC in VC.

Since the problem is showing only for the custom BAPI/RFC, make sure that its working correct at the backend. Logon with your SAPGUI, go to transaction se37, check your custom BAPI/RFC.

Regards,

Shemim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shemim,

The FM works fine in R/3. Also I am able to import the RFC fm in VC, it is the input and the output parameter that I am unable to get.

Also I have checked other Custom made RFC FM, I am able to see their input and output parameters in VC.

Cheers

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

from which data type are your parameters?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

The input parameter has parameter <b>TYPE RSRAWSTRING</b> and the export TABLE is <b>LIKE ABAPLIST</b>.

Cheers

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I only can gues, because I have no system at the moment, but I think the datatype RSRAWSTRING cause the issu, could you try to replace it or use another RFC for calling this RFC with other types?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel

I've tried that, but a new problem has cropped up, I've changed the Input parameter names and the names of the table in my FM, and activated the FM, now when I call it in VC, the new names are not updated, I get the FM in VC with the Old names. Somehow the memory or the buffer of VC is not getting refreshed. I've even logged out and then logged in again, but the problem persists.

Can you suggest why this is happening??

Cheers

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a known issue, therefore check the WIKI here:

<a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/ConnectionLifetime">https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/ConnectionLifetime</a>

I already described it in my first weblog. I recommend you that you modify this setting for your development. If you do not then you have to wait an hour until the parameters change... (and don't forget the setting in VC to refresh the metadata of your services)

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

The information you have provided has been extremely useful. I am very new to VC so I know very little about it.

Now I have done the setting regarding 'Caching' in TOOLS. Now the statement you have written ' (and don't forget the setting in VC to refresh the metadata of your services) ', How do I do it ?????

In the link it is written ' (right click on the data service and select Refresh (available when you use queries)) ' How do i go about it as when I right click on the Data Service button, nothing comes up.

Please explain how should I go about it.

Cheers

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhsishek,

if the information is very helpful then assign points..

Anyway, you have two settings to modify:

The first one is in the Visual Administrator as it is described in my blog and in the Wiki (connection pool lifetime).

The other one is in the Visual Composer options (see the attached file).

That's all then you can refresh the RFC.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

As luck would have it I am not able to open the attachment ; )

But the problem is solved (thanks to you) and i am getting the updated RFC.

I have awarded points to you as well

1 last help tell a good E- book on VC which will be helpful. I already have ' SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer: User Guide' but it doesn't have everything.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

there are so many documents here on SDN and also the Wiki is a good ressource. If you need a good book for VC I can recommend the book of Mario Herger and Carsten Boennen. But you could also check the help.sap.com site.

Best Regards,

Marcel