cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solve this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have material say X which I sale and update RG1 for same.At same time I purchase same material X and has to update RG23 for same.But I can not maintain two entry in j1id for same material.So how I can Handle this situation in SAP?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit

Situation is interesting but wrong fundamental.

RG1 is a register for excisable material for MANUFACTURING PLANTS, while your situation looks more like a trading scenario. wherein the same material part no. is used for incoming and outgoing material.

Can you elaborate on this where you have encountered this problem?

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where mean in which plant or where in SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

CAN U EXPLAIN HOW TRADING SCINARIO WORK IN SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit

I am interested to know if this is the real life situation in any particular industry that you are facing.

For different manufacturing industries they have a different code for incoming Material (Raw Material) & different code for Outgoing Material (Finished Goods) (For the purposes of inventory management, financial control & reporting to Excise etc.)

For Excise there should be some value addition to the material in order that the material is considered as manufactured. If there is value add to the material then the manufacturer can identify the material as per his nomenclature norms and declaration to Excise Dept.

For Selling Purposes of course he can identify the same as Customer's Material.

For trading scenario refer to http://help.sap.com

Regards

Sunil