Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Appraisal - Cancel Release - SAP Note 888650 ?

Hi All

I understand that "released" MBO appraisal templates can still be "cancel release" for modifications even if the template has been used by appraisees / appraisers. This had occured in a previous system where changes to the template is necessary to resolve config issues.

Whilst attempting to "cancel release" on a MBO appraisal template named XYZ that has been used by appraisee / appraiser on a current system, I keep on getting the following "green colored" message "Element XYZ' is already being used in an appraisal document".

Do anyone has a clue if where in the appraisal config can be set such that appraisal template in use can still be "cancel release" for config modifications even if it has been used by appraisee / appraisers ?

Thanks.

Gregg

Message was edited by:

gregg.chen

Former Member replied

Gregg

1. Adding a new VB/VC elements should not pose any problem, but deleting them will definitely make things go haywire. If you delete these elements, when appraisal documents have been created, the Template will give error when you release it back.

2. Ratings are configured in R/3 and not in Template. SO if you are changing the ratings ( like Good, Bad, Best etc. ) it would not have any problem. But Rating Scales change would definitely pose problem. If somebody has been rated earlier using rating scale Q00001 and now you are assigning the same column with scale Q00002, the underlying function module would not be able to retrieve data from old rating scale.

3. By checkboxes I think you are talking about selecting Columns. I think it would create problem if you change them. Workflow settings, I do not think should create an issue.

The bottom line is, if a large number of data is there for existing Template, I would not suggest making change in Template after 'Cancel Release' that would most likely give you hard time.

You can convince your client/employer to wait for one year, so that these changes can be accomodated when you create another Template for next year.

Hope it helps.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question