cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version 2005 - any experiences deploying add-ons?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to steal some experiences with any who have had deployed AddOns (UI/DI) on 2005.

I have tried the Add-On I did with 2004 and it loaded ok, but i still need to give it a good test.

We Hold only the 2004 developer version of SDK, will I need a 2005 Developer version to do deployments on the SBO 2005 Ramp-Up ?

SAP support line does not yet support 2005 since the full version is not out yet..

I need to get as much tips as possible.

Thanks,

Indika.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Indika,

To deploy and addon to customers working with the 2005 version you will need the 2005 SDK Development version. You should recompile everything on the 2005 version and test it before delivering it to your customer.

Regards

Trinidad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this reply Trinidad.

However when I made my request for a development version of 2005 SDK from the local (australian) SAP office, what they had to say was ,

all I need to deploy was the SDK that is supplied with the SAP 2005 CD and if needed install DI at client site.

I however suspect they got misinformed.

can you let me know what diffrences between the SDK version imstalled with the SAP CD and the development version are? what are the diffrences with the add-on compiled with these two?

So I can put my request with subtance to the SAP local office,( but having no experience with installation cannot do that.)

my add-on uses UI and DI, and references

SAPbobsCOM2005.dll and SAPbouiCOM.exe

on the other hand I installed the add-on on the SAP 2005 and run it without a add-on identifier ... as said in documentation it did cause no problems.

Regards,

Indika.

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Inkika,

What the local SAP office told you is correct.

The SDK Development version comes with the 2005 CD, when you run the autorun.exe to install everything you have the choice to install inside the client section the Optional component Software Development Kit (SDK). Did you install it?

If you are not using the autorun then you must follow the procedure explained in the Installation guide to be sure you have all the needed components installed.

You can run an addon compiled in the 2004 version inside 2005 (it works in the most part of the cases), but you better change the references and recompile everything with the 2005 version before giving it to a customer. You must test everything is working with the new version.

For the AddOnIdentifier you can work without it until the end of the year 2005, no matters if you are working with the 2004 or the 2005 version.

Regards

Trinidad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case I have the proper SDK installed. i was not aware that SAP has done away with the implementation version and ships the development version with the CD!

This also means add-on developments with DI and UI is not restricted to authorised partners like us ? (unlike with 2004)

Indika.

Answers (0)