cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport and hostname

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question that,when I export the protal content, and import to another portal,if the host name is not the same, I have to change all the content.Is that right?

or it is independent with host name.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member304001
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sheng,

No not required u can import content to any portal ( any host name)

we r also using different host names for Dev and Production.

Regards

krishna.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried this before? because transport does not have any relation with host name. you can import your any portal component to any portal.beause if we start keeping our host names same then there would be conflict when you have more that one portal server in your landscape.So i recommend that you try this of your own and explore that transports are independant of host names.

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because now create URL iView from pages of J2ee applications, maybe I should try it another way.

It's huge complex J2EE appplication formerly on Weblogic platform, If I split it to sevaral application, there are lots of jar files, anybody know a play to put the jr files to a public folder?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I develop some composite applications based on web service which is another J2EE applications. When the server which provide web service change IP, I think the composite application have to change.