cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Febraban Format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP Febraban is supported but when you go to FF_5 you don't see Febraban format. How did you post the Febraban formats from Brazil, say, ABN Amro?

I have a client in Brazil. We tried to post Febraban format bank statement but we keep getting errors. Is there specific setting to be done or why is this happening? What are the steps? different from normal posting rules etc?

Also, why is Febraban format not visible in FF_5? I can see Multicash, MT940, BAI, Cobaran etc but not Febraban.

Thanks for your help.

Dammah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dammah,

FF.5 doesn't display FEBRABAN format like ITAU and BRADESCO. You have know what kind of format your archive is: M or B.Try these two and follow system messages. Reply me if doesn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marssel,

Thanks. The problem is I have done treasury but I am not the original Brazil treasury person. I have never done this for Brazil. Someone did this for Brazil but messed up.

Where can I insert the M or B archive code. Is it on the statement or where can I do the settings in configuration to recognize the Febraban format?

If you could explain in detail and tell me or have documentation that will guide me through the settings for treasury in Brazil. I have ABN Amro, Itau and Safra as banks for my client. I will appreciate it.

Thanks

Dammah

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ABN Amro and Safra are FEBRABAN format. Itau Bank is ITAU format.

Check informations below:

1 - You are sending and receving archives to/from Bank or this is a Bank Statement?

2- These Banks have some configurations in Tcodes: OBBA, OBBB or OBBD?

3 - Transaction FF.5 import Bank archives in Batch Imput or workstation upload and works to make bank Reconciliation. You need Bank Archive to do this.

4 - I am sending by e-mail a ABN AMRO Bank documentation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Massel,

Regarding M or B do yo mean by Multicash(M) and Cobranca/Pagar Itau-Brazil?

If the bank is able to send the electronic bank statement format in FEBRABAN does that mean they are sending either in M or B formats?

Thanks.

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FEBRABAN suport Multicash and Bradesco format. Depend of the bank archive.

The diference is the field in FF.5 to download this archive.

You can modify format with Tcode FEBC.

For execute tests, enter SE38 and run report: RFEBKA96 to eliminate intermediate memory if you wish import same Bank Archive in FF.5 again.

Onde question: Do you had create some bank archive until this moment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marssel:

We are still in the processof contactign bank on the formats. Cobranca/Pagar Itau-Brazil and Bradesco are the same?

I do not see an option in FEBC for Brazil specific. Am i missing anyhting?

Thanks.

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FEBC is a transaction code to turn formats from another to Multicash.

But you can try to import in "B" format, if doesn't work you can try again with "M".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marssel,

The bank is sending the febraban statement and not archive. So for all the banks in Brazil we have to do the same settings?

The document you sent me u already sent but there is no place in the document I can see this M or B settings. Where is it? I think our best bet is to convert the FEBRABAN format to multicash.

Thanks

D

Former Member
0 Kudos

The screen shot u sent me with M specified must be a customized screen. May be u are using a program to convert the Febraban format to Multicash because in ff_5 or ff.5 the screen is different from the screen u sent me.

Check in your system, may be an abap program was written to convert the FEBRABAN format from ABN to multicash that is why your screen is ddifferent.

I reward some points.

Thanks

D

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dammah,

Transaction code to convert archive in multicash is FEBC. This format is standard. SAP system use almost times "M" format.

You need execute FF.5 to see this error. If this is the case, click in sign "?" and send me screenshot.

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dammah,

How many positions has you Bank Statement Archive? 200, 240 or 480?

In this case, ABN Bank is FEBRABAN, and this format is CNAB 240 positions(National Control Bank Automation). In FF.5 this Archive is readind by "B" format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marssel,

I cannot post the screen shot here. But our ABN Bank is FEBRABAN, and this format is CNAB 240. So what is archive? Is this bank electronic statement archived in the system? We do not download the statement from the bank webpage

Can you tell me exactly when I go th ff.5, i should place the file in the statement file path and then choose BAI, is that what you mean by B?

Please let me know. You can capture a screen and send me through my yahoo id.

I appreciate this much.

D

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when a said "Archive" I mean Eletronic Bank Statement. The bank sends it to us by a text archive with Bank accounting.

To import data from this "archive", run transaction code FF.5. Enter Elect. bank statement format: "B" (Itau = FEBRAN = CNAB 240 = 240 positions in text Bank archive).

Chek:

post immediately

assign value date

Output control: All prints options.

Execute: F8

This is whole procedure to import eletronic bank statement.

If you have another question, please, expalin me in few words what kind of process you are doing.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marssel,

I have actually look at transaction FEBC and realised that it has several programs behind it to convert statement formats into M format. I can see Belgium, Finland, Denmark, Norway etc but I cannot see Brazil.

Which of the programs can i use?

Thanks

D

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case you don't need use FEBC. Multicash isn't your format. the "B" Itaú is.

Instead use "M", use "B", ok?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I send u screen shot in email id

D

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had replied you e-mail. Itaú format is FEBRABAN in this case, because case check 240 columns in eletronic bank statement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marssel,

Your answer is useful. I have already tested Itau and it works. I realised that Itau bank and ABN Amro electronic statements format is FEBRABAN. The difference in the statements is the length of the checking account number; Itau is 5 characters on position 66-70 where as ABN Amro has 12 characters from position 59-70.

Once I try ABN and it works I will let you know.

Thanks

D

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two points:

We have In Brazil 3 layouts: ITAU. Bradesco and Febraban. Each layout have some diferent positions. like bank account lengh.

We have 2 formats to import eletronic Bank statement. Itau (Itau + Febraban) and Bradesco.

We still have multicash format for some cases.

I hope I help you to solve your questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marssel,

You see that I gave 6 more points, that is total of 8. I have posted both Itau and Abn Amro bank statements correctly. Thanks a lot for all your help.

Now I have to deal with Safra and Bradesco, how to configure and post that. I have the layout for Bank Safra which I am now going to study and understand

If you have suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

D

Answers (0)