Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last accessed date on a SAP table and user's activity on a transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- Is there a way to find out (using transaction/table) last accessed date on a SAP table and who accessed it?

- Is there a way to find out (using transaction/table) user's activity on a transaction? (when was the last time user accessed a particular transaction)

Thanks,

Karan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

STAD or ST03N will help you with analyzing the transactional usage over a certain period 2-3 days depending on your log size capacity.

logging the Table changes or customizing changes are customer options(I mean not enabled as default). To get these logs you should have to enable the table logging( profile parameter Rec/client =1). if table logging is enabled on your system, there are different ways to get the table change logs. You can use SCU3, OY18,etc transactions or if you have any audit tool they do provide different reports to pull the table logs.

and for transactional usage over couple of months, you can enable your static logging in SM19 or use your audit tool to log for example if you have Virsa GRC you can use /1BCDWB/DB/VIRSA/ALTCDLOG, etc reports.and you can use the RBE tool to extract the logs. since this logging will effect the performance of the system, lot of companies won't enable Rec/client. but if you optimize the list of tables for which table logging should be enabled it won't be a big deal.

if rec/client is enabled at the company you are working you can try thru SCU3/OY18 for table changes.

Message was edited by:

Keerti Vemulapalli

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Goto ST03. Select choose for analysis. Choose only one application server at a time in case you have mutiple application servers. Choose time period of your choice.

2. In the next screen from menu choose GOTOPROFILESUSER PROFILES. Here you will get the list on users who have worked on that application server.

3. Double click on the required user and you will get all the transactions he/she has executed.

4. In case you select TOTAL in step 1 and then follow the steps 2 and 3 you will only get the list of application server on which the user has worked and not the transaction details.

Have a look at transaction S_BCE_68001398, I think that this lists the users by transaction usage.

Try using the transaction STAT or STAD transactions.

These transaction has the log of all the transactions accessed by any user.

But this has the statistics of the last 3 days. The time period can be changed.

Please check with your basis.

0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Thanks for your reply on how to check users' activitiy on transactions and points have been assigned.

However, there isn't any option in ST03 or STAD to check users' activity on a table. Could you provide more details on how to check?

Thanks,

Karan.

0 Kudos

You can analyze the users activity in table USR02

Former Member
0 Kudos

STAD or ST03N will help you with analyzing the transactional usage over a certain period 2-3 days depending on your log size capacity.

logging the Table changes or customizing changes are customer options(I mean not enabled as default). To get these logs you should have to enable the table logging( profile parameter Rec/client =1). if table logging is enabled on your system, there are different ways to get the table change logs. You can use SCU3, OY18,etc transactions or if you have any audit tool they do provide different reports to pull the table logs.

and for transactional usage over couple of months, you can enable your static logging in SM19 or use your audit tool to log for example if you have Virsa GRC you can use /1BCDWB/DB/VIRSA/ALTCDLOG, etc reports.and you can use the RBE tool to extract the logs. since this logging will effect the performance of the system, lot of companies won't enable Rec/client. but if you optimize the list of tables for which table logging should be enabled it won't be a big deal.

if rec/client is enabled at the company you are working you can try thru SCU3/OY18 for table changes.

Message was edited by:

Keerti Vemulapalli

0 Kudos

Hi Keerti,

I have assigned points to your answer, even though I know about table change logging using parameter- Rec/client.

My question is regarding table access, not for table change. I am sure that without a security parameter, this can not be achieved. Any idea what parameter / transaction this can be achieved?

Thanks,

Karan.

0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

If a user accessed a table using the table maintenance generator (SM30) or display generator (SE16), then the system submits a report, the name of which contains the table name, and this can be analyzed using the statistics records of STAT / ST03N. This will also work if the user submitted the report from SE38, SA38, etc. Search for the table name in the Transaction / Reoprt column.

In older releases up to 4.6C, there was a table which recorded the name of the ABAP which the user displayed together with the user ID name, date, time, etc(prior to executing it), but as far as I know that is no longer available.

For "activities on a transaction" People (as opposed to user IDs) react badly when information on them is used inappropriately to judge them without their knowledge of it.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius ,

Thanks alot for your detialed explanation and I was able to find out information in report/transaction column using ST03N transaction. Points have been assigned based on your ans.

Also it's good to know about table SGOSHIST and 'users activity logs for a certain period of time' post. Thanks for that too.

Cheers,

Karan.

0 Kudos

You are welcome.

If your are interested, also take a look at the threads on "recclient" (without "/").

As mentioned before, prevention is better than cure.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.