cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error adding 0PLANT to 0PM_DS02 for MTTR report in BI7 using SP12.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to implement MTTR report in Plant Maintenance. In the standard report named 0PM_DS02_Q0001(MTTR/MTBR) I want plant number to be displayed in the report. When I add the field to DSO the Update rule becomes inactive as usual. When I try to activate it after direct assignment I get an error

"IC=0PM_DS02 IS=80PM_DS01 error when checking the update rules".

Data comes from 0PM_DS01 and goes to 0PM_DS02. Plant value gets loaded to 0PM_DS01(I've added 0PLANT to data fields of 0PM_DS01). It does not go to 0PM_DS02. I mean I'm not able to do it in the update rules.

After assigning it directly the indicator becomes red. When I try to save the Update rules, Other key fields of the dso ask for routines. If I make the routines to "initial value" and activate the update rules then the data doesn't come from dso1 to dso2.

I'll assign full points. Please help..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

(i am assumin you are in BW 3.5)

whenever you are trying to add a new filed to a target be it be ODS/cube

pls do the below chks

is your datasource contains that field?

if yes,have you replicated to reflect the changes in BW?

if yes,have you mapped it in the transfer structure?

have you activated transfer rules?

have you added in communication structure?

finally,is it mapped in updaterules of(0PM_DS01)

now again you ned to check the transfer structure and communication structure of (80PM_DS01)

have you checked the filed is mapped in update rules of 0PM_DS02

now try to activate it

Cheers,

Swapna.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapna,

Thanks for your reply. As there were many routines written in the standard flow I didn't use the bi 7 flow. As standard content wont give me transformations and if I create on my own I'll have to write abap O code which I don't know how to..

I got the field into my reports doing something else. I used the plant attribute of the equipment as a navigational attribute.

Thanks.

Sujit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you have added a new field in DSO,the existing update rules no loger fits

create the update rules again map this newly added filed correctly in update rules assign it to 80PM_DS01

activate the update rules

please post the results!!!!

cheers,

Swapna.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Sapna. But I've no knowledge of ABAP. If I create new update rules then I've to write routines. I'm trying to copy the contents of standard routine and paste it in my routines. But sap editor doesn't allow me to do it. It allows me to edit in specific parts only. That road is also kind of closed for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to do generate expot datasource for 0PM_DS01 . Right click on 0PM_DS01 and choose generate export datasource..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry. It didn't help.. By the way corresponding infosource is already there with the name 80PM_DS01.